Some info on this 2008 Hollow Body II

jksuter

One of my local shops has this 2008 Hollow Body II hanging on the wall. I didn't play yet for fear I would buy it immediately. I already own a McCarty and a Swamp Ash Special. Anyway, I am not sure I have seen a Hollow Body II with the dot/moon inlays instead of the birds. Also, I am not sure how much I am drawn to a black guitar when I know how nice a PRS can look. Especially in this price range. I haven't kept up over the years, happy with my McCarty I guess so when I started looking at guitars again I was surprise to find McCarty's no longer being made. That is how out of touch I am! Can anyone give me some advice on the model, why it has dot/moon inlays, and what it might be worth? I am guessing the black finish and dots reduce it value over some other finishes...
BmANf7nA8bBH9tiRw2zKvsNh3ENkgQHzbBRgQD6tXJ4=w812-h1082-no

I haven't played it but I already want it. I love a nice quilted or flamed finish, but for the right price a used black HB could pull me right in.

I haven't played it but I already want it. I love a nice quilted or flamed finish, but for the right price a used black HB could pull me right in.

It is the price that I am wondering about. I think it is a bit high. Thought I would do some research before throwing out a fair price.

Moon inlays were standard. Birds were an upcharge, so that does impact value a bit.

While a 10 top (and back in the case of the HBII) was an upcharge, curiously a solid finish offered no savings compared to a transparent non-10 finish (still doesn't).

In the second hand market, it's not as desirable or as common as the cosmetically decked out examples, so the price will suffer a bit or it'll need the right buyer.

If that had birds I'd be in serious trouble. Because I think that thing is sexy as hell.

If I had to guess value, I'm thinking anywhere from 1999-2299$. Any other guesses?

I've got a Standard 22 with moons. I wish it was still an option.

That's a sick looking guitar. While I love the flame tops there's just something about a black guitar that I love

FYI, the McCarty just got re-issued for this year. I've got one on order. So pumped.

Black guitars rule and that one is killer. I can guarantee you that if I was local to that dealer it would be gone before 5pm!!

Back