McCarty II

Swedeflyer

Hi everyone! I´m new to the forum and I am in love!
I picked up a nice condition McCarty II yesterday at a bargain, and brought it home.
Plugged it to the amp and couldn´t stop playing with a big big smile on my face!
My wife looked at me, shaking her head... with six words - "you know it´s Valentines day today?".
I havn´t even put the batteries in yet, just playing it plain, and I love it!! I didn´t know this was my dream coming true.

I can´t understand why the market is so rejected toward the McCarty II (as I have read on different threads), but I have never played the earlier McCarty so I can not compare. I would love to know the differences apart from the pickups and the MVC.
Also - does anyone know how many McCarty II was ever built? I know they where produced only in2008 and 2009.

There's a sweet one out on the verb for<2500
fg8xpgsssy0tx0p425h0.jpg

I remember thinking it was a real head scratcher at the time. They put active electronics on their vintage-themed model, which did not make sense to me. Otherwise it was just a typical McCarty, which I guess was slumping anyway because the II kicked off a few years of messing with the formula until they eventually removed it from the lineup altogether for a couple years.

I remember thinking it was a real head scratcher at the time. They put active electronics on their vintage-themed model, which did not make sense to me. Otherwise it was just a typical McCarty, which I guess was slumping anyway because the II kicked off a few years of messing with the formula until they eventually removed it from the lineup altogether for a couple years.
Yet it is arguably my favourite PRS model :).

Congratulations! Although, we really need to see pics of your guitar. It's kind of required around here :)

I have what I was told is a 2008 and it isn't a II. Must be an early '08?

Don´t understand how to upload a foto :-(..some tips?
Here is a link to a tutorial on posting pictures here at this forum as well as links to all other pic posting tutorials I am aware of on this forum:

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/sharing-pictures-on-prs-forum.47818/

PRS does not want to host your pictures, so you have to use another source to host the pictures and then put a link to that picture in your post! Feel free to message me if you have continued troubles after reviewing the material at that link ;~))

Back