Some entertainment Wednesday night

Watching this go down immediately made me think of the Avs-Wings rivalry. I agree, I don't think there was ever anything like this between them in one lump sum for sure. The nine ejections is a little misleading because of the secondary rule, but still, was a great game.

The Rempire State Building #73 go Rangers!!!!!!!!

temp-Image9g-IIa-D.avif

Last edited:
Kinda cool actually. You can go to the fights and watch a hockey game break out afterwards.🤣
Given that I played my Junior days in the mid 70's, I have very little against hockey fights. I still firmly believe it's a good thing that two fierce competitors can drop the gloves and wail on each other and get the frustration out of their systems. I'm one of "those guys" that does consider it as a necessary part of a physical contest between warriors. I do not however condone guys getting run from behind or from across the rink, blind side hits, clutching and grabbing, intentional stickwork, and other forms of impeding other players' progress.
But it's a rough hard game, not a ballet dance.

The Rempire State Building #73 go Rangers!!!!!!!!

temp-Image9g-IIa-D.avif

This has been my 'other' team since the days of Ed Giacomin, Brad Park. Walt Tkaczuk, Jean Ratelle, Rod Gilbert, the donut guy Tim Horton, Vic Hadfield, Glen Sather, etc., etc. so about 55 years now. Always made sure I went to see them each season when they played at the Chicago Stadium. Would LOVE to see them kiss the cup again, and they've got rhe squad to do it.

This has been my 'other' team since the days of Ed Giacomin, Brad Park. Walt Tkaczuk, Jean Ratelle, Rod Gilbert, the donut guy Tim Horton, Vic Hadfield, Glen Sather, etc., etc. so about 55 years now. Always made sure I went to see them each season when they played at the Chicago Stadium. Would LOVE to see them kiss the cup again, and they've got rhe squad to do it.
Sather played for the Rangers when I met him. He ran the hockey school we used as a conditioning/training camp to get ready for Junior camp (WCHL) back in the mid 70's. A few of us were lucky enough to get to scrimmage with the pros during their evening skates (they were conditioning as well) and that was a very memorable experience. Most of these guys weren't what you'd call the "elite" players of the league, but being on the ice with them in even a mild non-competitive outing was amazing. Certainly showed us how far we had to go to be even considered as worthy candidates. Ed Staniowski (played with the Regina Pats at the time) was my hero in those days, and playing between the pipes along with him was pretty cool stuff. He made the show, but I sure didn't...

Back