slight conundrum

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
So I'm bringing my 19 year old stepson to the 30th anniversary event this year. I'm really excited to take him and have him experience the awesomeness of PRS and the whole weekend. Every year I've gone, I've always stayed at HGI. I like the atmosphere of all of us PRS junkies hanging out in the lobby. I love the vibe and it's always been fun. I like the "togetherness" of the whole thing. I want him to experience that same feeling. Problem is HGI apparently has jacked up their prices or something? The price/night seems absorbent. I feel like it's gonna cost more to stay 2 nights than I've spent to stay 3 nights in the past. I just don't feel that hotel justifies that cost. I keep looking for deals or discounts but haven't found anything.

Also, I've always flown into DC in the past because it's been significantly cheaper than BWI. Flight costs seem much closer right now. At the same time, I'd like to take him to DC for a little while. He's wanted to go there as he likes history and politics and this seems like a cheaper/easier way to make it happen. But with the Friday event in Baltimore, BWI is more enticing this year. The drive from DC to Baltimore & Stevensville is minimal, so that doesn't bother me.

Interesting. I thought it seemed high. And they have a new ccancellation charge. Hmmm

I'd fly into DC if you're going to spend some time there.
And I'd probably take my lumps and book the HGI since that is part of the experience you want to share, though I might only stay the one night.

Whatever you choose will be great for him.

I offer free shuttle service to Forum members who are willing put up with talking to me during the drive....

I think forget that they had special PRS event pricing for previous events. I aksed and they have not opened this up yet but if they do offer it they will change the price of your room even if you reserve now.

Interesting. I thought it seemed high. And they have a new ccancellation charge. Hmmm
No cancel fee on the sites I saw

I think forget that they had special PRS event pricing for previous events. I aksed and they have not opened this up yet but if they do offer it they will change the price of your room even if you reserve now.
Yeah I know they had PRS block discounts in the past, but even without that it was a good $50-75 cheaper than it is now. I've seen other dates it's not as expensive as this particular weekend. Or I found deals/discounts on other dates
I seem to recall someone posting about splitting a room.
I thought you were wanting O'Callahans, I'm not set in stone on anything yet, we can talk.

I really wanted to go to the PRS 30th anniversary, and had my wife convinced that we should make the pilgrimage from San Diego to Maryland as well. I was really looking forward to meeting the members of this forum as well as see and hear PRS guitars being made / in action. Unfortunately our band now has a gig that weekend so cannot make it.

With respect to travel, it is a new world out there now. While there are still some deals to be had, they are fewer than say 5-10 years ago. Airlines have consolidated and taken out capacity as well, all of which had lead to higher prices for airline tickets (and record profits for the airlines) . Hotels have become much better / savvy at pricing rooms and deals on rooms now are largely "last minute" when they have available rooms that they are afraid will be empty. Booking hotel rooms "early" , is no longer is a guarantee of a good price (IMHO). Hopefully PRS can work out a deal for rooms to bring the rate down and I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Back