Silver Sky Neck/Headstock - Two Pieces???

sixstringoverdrive

Just got a Silver Sky from Sweetwater today and saw on the back of the neck that the head stock seems to be a separate piece and is blended in? Either that, or they sold me a guitar which had a neck repair. You can see the wood grains don't line up, so I'm pretty sure it's two pieces.

Is this normal?? I would think for $2300 the whole neck would be solid.

IMG-3055.jpg

i was kidding, just wanted to say fake news. scarf joints are common on skinny neck metal guitars because they do add stability.

Apparently there’s going to be a movie -

“Scarf Face”

Sigh...you fell for the misinformation. This is not accurate. It's more a corruption of the truth, like the old telephone game.

One more time...

There is a documentary on PRS Guitars being made, to cover the history, some notable players, but mostly focusing on the people and the culture of the company. The confusion comes about because the producers, for whatever reason, posted a short segment on YouTube that focused on the S2 production line, including a small bit that talked about the necks. That segment included a short interview with Vic Shonell, who's considered to be the best in the company at building a scarf joint. They used a title card introducing his story that simply said, "Scarf Ace". Someone posted here about it, but spellcheck took over, thus the confusion.

Back