Silver Sky HSS?

Erik.PRS

So there’s a set of the super eagle pickups online and I have a silver sky. Thinking of turning it into a hss, I’d think that 58/15 JM should suite the single coils perfect! I think? Lol or maybe PRS should just make one for me lol

Try it out! Should be easy enough to reverse if you don’t like it, and you can likely sell the 58/15 JM for what you paid for it if it doesn’t work out. And if you do like it you can likely sell the 635JM for a bundle as well. Win, win, win!

I think eventually the Silver Sky options will open up exponentially like Strats. Why not, this guitar is going to double PRSs sales. AS LONG AS THEY DONT F WITH THE NECK SHAPE RIGHT NOW LIKE THEY DID BY GETTING RID OF WIDE/FAT. Sorry, I had to vent.

Am I the only one shocked by the fact that someone out there is selling the pickups from their Super Eagle?

I do however like the idea of an HSS Silver Sky. I would use a Gibson pickup though;)

Welp, as much as I like my Silver Sky, I'd certainly like another one in HSS configuration. I think I'd buy one in a New York minute....

Well, I got the pickups and then... just couldn’t do it! but made a solid profit when I resold the pickups. FYI there is a silver sky on the bay hss. Seller says it’s an artist SS. Has a dragon II in Bridge.

My SS has an SD ‘lil 59 single coil size in the bridge. Came that way used. I have the original.

For those wondering, I had to trade my red one to get my 509 in the house. This is it’s replacement.

8-DCD68-C4-07-AC-4432-B7-D8-229-A3-E5-A7-D83.jpg

Last edited:
My SS has an SD ‘lil 59 single coil size in the bridge. Came that way used. I have the original.

For those wondering, I had to trade my red one to get my 509 in the house. This is it’s replacement.

8-DCD68-C4-07-AC-4432-B7-D8-229-A3-E5-A7-D83.jpg

I’m assuming that works pretty well. That’s a VERY popular strat bridge replacement. I dropped one in an affordable strat for a friend, and it sounded really good.

Back