Se Swamp Ash Special

greyhatninja

Those of you with an SE SAS, I’m curious what your set your middle pickup height to? I’m finding my pick is catching on the middle pickup a bit with some od my picking and maybe something I need to fix with my picking technically though I also have a Silver Sky and mo issues mostly cause the single coil pickups are spaced a bit further. Anyway curious if any of you lowered the AS-01 a bit?

Bumping this thread, as I'm having same issue. I have several guitars with middle pickups, and it's never been an issue. Plus I use a Jazz III pick, and have a pretty shallow picking technique. I tried lowering middle pup but it's very limited. Frustrating, as I love the SAS but it's a struggle to play.

Yea it’s very limited how much it can be lowered. I wonder if that’s just this particular pickup or if any single coil couldn’t be lowered much in this guitar. I also figure my picking style might be a little too aggressive or deep potentially and something I could just work on fixing. My Silver Sky I don’t have an issue as I have a bit more room since it’s all single coils. And my middle goes just a little bit lower on it. I’ve never owned an HSH before this so maybe it’s just common and you gotta get used to it, which is fine.

It took me a couple of weeks, but fairly quickly I adjusted my right hand positioning ever so slightly and now rarely make contact with the middle pick up. Honestly, I don't even think about it any more, and even when I jump over to it directly from playing a 2 humbucker guitar I'm just subconsciously making the adjustment

I hit it a bit bud adjusted to it like post above....I used to lower it on strats but it's not too bad on the SAS...

Back