Show Your Tone Monsters

IVVRVHY.jpg

Here's the amp. Ceriatone OTS20. 20w Dumble clone.
I’ve heard Buddy Blues talking about Ceriatone recently. It looks like they build some quality gear.

As an admitted amp junkie, I’m not even going to start posting... I’d be a page hog in short order. That’s in addition to the Axe Fx III / RJM Mastermind GT22 rig I also use. Amps are a third of the player/guitar/amp circle where it all starts. Love having options there!

Last edited:
Had this bad boy out for a little spin yesterday, partially to take pics of the electronics for another thread. Decided to just play along w/a track I'm working on - didn't need another rhythm part, but I wasn't looking to record then either. Through my G-System and a Tone Bones Hot British pedal into the clean channel of my Archon. Made a couple adjustments on the amp and whoa, did it jump out at me. So I decided to play along w/the rough mix and...I didn't make it halfway through the song. Stopped, added a new audio track, checked my level, and boom. One take additional rhythm part.

26Uxn-sFm2ul3C3Ck-29izPi56XwQ8a0Z_I8hmU5r_2HX9Xz82ni3YgUnaqQVy42TRkcVqDgf5byIr1-jjvzDdhciG1c-WBTylH129Zctznt
eDz-uH8bDwUUikdFAFi8SowWT1ILea_palhC0zcGnSoL4myjAD4lhAp5F3-C2S9sqqeU5weykiUAmfVFlVqEmBf1DTFp-198zwxFi-c1BDKNptrasSc

And now Pandora's box is open. Here's what powers 90% of my playing time. Favorite models include the "Archean," "Concourse," the FAS Supertweed, and various Carol Anns.

axe3-lives.jpg

That picture was taken for the initial smoke test, it's now properly racked up and rockin'.

And while this is not super-fancy, it's the one that surprises me most often with just how dang good it sounds:

IMG_3409.JPG

I should have mentioned my favorite models in the Helix...Placater (Friedman Brown Eye) and Litigator (Line 6 creation of a fantasy D-type, not modeled on an existing amp). I haven't had a chance to mess around on an Axe-FX as yet...they look like fun.

OK fine then...
Just to round out the trifecta of sin, how about a Kemper with Kabinet?

And for stereo fun I got the Kabinet Kloned by a local Kabinet maker (Kone inside).

Oh, and a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700w stereo amp to power it...

Fav profiles are Friedman BE-50, Fender 67 Pro, /13, 68 Marshall 50, and more.

I’ve heard Buddy Blues talking about Ceriatone recently. It looks like they build some quality gear.

As an admitted amp junkie, I’m not even going to start posting... I’d be a page hog in short order. That’s in addition to the Axe Fx III / RJM Mastermind GT22 rig I also use. Amps are a third of the player/guitar/amp circle where it all starts. Love having options there!

When you frame it as being fairly close clones of all your favorite amps being all handwired by a small group of people at the prices they are, it's hard to beat.

Or if you like building but not sourcing parts, they have kits of everything too.

When you frame it as being fairly close clones of all your favorite amps being all handwired by a small group of people at the prices they are, it's hard to beat.

Or if you like building but not sourcing parts, they have kits of everything too.
I’ve got about a dozen tube amps besides the Fractal rig, and since I haven’t been gigging much, the tubes have been a’cooking! On the modeled gear, the Axe FX is quite a different animal, and I’d venture that I would be hard pressed to tell the difference blindfolded. It’s not any tone difference as much as the hands-on interface of a real amp that I enjoy. But I’ve also actually purchased a real tube amp (the Carol Ann Tucana 3) after coming to like it so much in the Axe Fx. I’d also pick up a Morgan AC20 Deluxe for the same reason if the opportunity presents itself!

I’m really not on a side... I have and use both regularly. Like guitars, I tend towards whatever is inspiring at the time. Different paths to the same place, each is an experience particular to itself, each with pros and cons. That being the case, having both and deciding which to use really is a first world problem, right? :)

I’ve got about a dozen tube amps besides the Fractal rig, and since I haven’t been gigging much, the tubes have been a’cooking! On the modeled gear, the Axe FX is quite a different animal, and I’d venture that I would be hard pressed to tell the difference blindfolded. It’s not any tone difference as much as the hands-on interface of a real amp that I enjoy. But I’ve also actually purchased a real tube amp (the Carol Ann Tucana 3) after coming to like it so much in the Axe Fx. I’d also pick up a Morgan AC20 Deluxe for the same reason if the opportunity presents itself!

I’m really not on a side... I have and use both regularly. Like guitars, I tend towards whatever is inspiring at the time. Different paths to the same place, each is an experience particular to itself, each with pros and cons. That being the case, having both and deciding which to use really is a first world problem, right? :)

I can completely relate. I don't own quite so many amps but did gig the amps and a helix. I went as far as to make IR's of my amps and build virtual rigs so I could have close to the same sound either way and take whatever was easiest to deal with for whatever venue we were in.

This tone monster actually has a monster on the top!!!

You’ve all seen her before...but you never seem to complain when I repost.

(I’m still convinced that a non-adjustable graphite or carbon truss rod that reinforces the neck without compression enhances tone and sustain.)

Braz Neck, Graphite Rod, Coco everything else.
Win-Win-Win

OY64Z9F.jpg

4lZxME1.jpg

IM9hDac.jpg

OUo2meW.jpg

ZST8LAf.jpg

TPYBuLB.jpg

Beautiful!! What do the mini toggles do? I’m guessing 2 coil split/taps and a series/parallel, or “bright” switch? The electronics layout looks awesome but I’ve not see that on anything else.

Back