Show Your Tone Monsters

Probably my overall champ. My tone Godzilla. Woody tone, responsiveness, resonance, sustain - all off the charts. Not sure if it’s due to the thick beefy Pernambuco neck, but it would be an elegant thing if it was!
RI6Wnna.jpg

Last edited:
My '92 Custom resonates like crazy in my hands and never thought I will top that, but then this came along:
7VqRDpY.jpg

3e4nj6u.jpg

So I'm in the Braz 513 camp as well...
513 and BRW is a magic guitar combination. I’d love to find a 594 HBII with a BRW neck, but then I’d only be sad because I couldn’t afford it! :) Glad I got the two BRW 513s before the prices went crazy!

Last edited:

I guess that's why it's good to have a lot of them!

"I thought you didn't understand collecting guitars?"

"I'm willing to concede that it might be interesting for the right person. Maybe they even have fun."

"Too bad you don't know how to have fun, boyo."

"Does reading history books count as fun?"

"No."

"Writing orchestral music?"

"No."

"How about moving furniture and amps around in the studio?"

"Uh, no. :rolleyes:"

I guess that's why it's good to have a lot of them!

"I thought you didn't understand collecting guitars?"

"I'm willing to concede that it might be interesting for the right person. Maybe they even have fun."

"Too bad you don't know how to have fun, boyo."

"Does reading history books count as fun?"

"No."

"Writing orchestral music?"

"No."

"How about moving furniture and amps around in the studio?"

"Uh, no. :rolleyes:"

And the hell of it? I had a new guitar delivered two days ago, and my arm is still in a sling. I probably have 2 to 3 weeks before I can even play it. Oh well, at least I can stare at it.

I perceive differences in tonality and ‘performance’, even ones with the same model and specs. But I love them all anyway, SE and onwards! (The SE Bernie deserves particular mention)...

Now very close to the champ, a nose to sweaty butt finish, is this African Blackwood necked beast.
xzUvtT6.jpg

And the hell of it? I had a new guitar delivered two days ago, and my arm is still in a sling. I probably have 2 to 3 weeks before I can even play it. Oh well, at least I can stare at it.

That's so frustrating!

I can empathize from experience. The fingers on my fretting hand stopped working due to an ulnar nerve problem that happened during a surgery, and then I needed another surgery to repair it that put me in a cast and sling. In the midst of this, that Northern Lights PS 20th showed up.

This whole business of body parts bailing on ya due to wear and tear is most unpleasant.

I also see a marked bump in resonance and tone in my braz necked guitars. There is definitely something magic about braz necks, you guys above are spot on!
I find both of my McCarty standards to be my 2 most resonant guitars. They seem to ring for days and you feel the whole guitar resonate. My artist SC is like that too. My PS, maybe a hair less but sounds monstrous in the depth and bottom end department. The latter two guitars sound huge where the standards are more mid focused. All are great.

On the amp front I've gone entirely over to the dark side....

helixlt.jpg

And now Pandora's box is open. Here's what powers 90% of my playing time. Favorite models include the "Archean," "Concourse," the FAS Supertweed, and various Carol Anns.

axe3-lives.jpg

That picture was taken for the initial smoke test, it's now properly racked up and rockin'.

And while this is not super-fancy, it's the one that surprises me most often with just how dang good it sounds:

IMG_3409.JPG

Back