Show your SE!

My Bernie SE. :)

12824841113_1a7a0bb162_c_d.jpg

Here is my SE: Singlecut Trem. This is my first PRS ever
Before with stock knobs.

And after I replaced the stock knobs with Amber SE knobs.

After playing for over 45 years on too many guitars to count, I finally joined the PRS club yesterday. I have a soft spot for curly maple, and purple is my favorite color...

PRS%20SE%20Custom%2003%20-%20800.jpg

PRS%20SE%20Custom%2002%20-%20800.jpg

As an aside, before I bought bought it, I had the guys at the store tweak the truss rod a bit. After I got it home (and after the store was closed) I noticed the truss rod cover was plain, with no PRS logo. All the photos I can find of the SE Floyd Custom show a logo on the truss rod cover. I'm guessing (or perhaps hoping) the tech at the store mistakenly put the wrong truss rod cover on it, and I'm hoping the original one is still sitting on the repair bench sometime later today when I go back to the store. This is a reputable local shop, and I'd not suspect them of trying to pull a fast one.

After playing for over 45 years on too many guitars to count, I finally joined the PRS club yesterday. I have a soft spot for curly maple, and purple is my favorite color...

As an aside, before I bought bought it, I had the guys at the store tweak the truss rod a bit. After I got it home (and after the store was closed) I noticed the truss rod cover was plain, with no PRS logo. All the photos I can find of the SE Floyd Custom show a logo on the truss rod cover. I'm guessing (or perhaps hoping) the tech at the store mistakenly put the wrong truss rod cover on it, and I'm hoping the original one is still sitting on the repair bench sometime later today when I go back to the store. This is a reputable local shop, and I'd not suspect them of trying to pull a fast one.

Congrats on the new guitar, it looks beautiful. As far as the truss-rod cover is concerned, I can't find the exact quote, but it stated something to the effect that starting from the 2014 models, all truss-rod covers on the SEs, regular and signature, will now be plain black. Any variation may just be either production snafu or customizations specific to a local store or distributor.

The ones I've seen with O-serial numbers have been, including the new SE Tremoni I purchased a week ago.

Speaking of which, will post a pic of my 2014 SE Tremoni and 2013 SE Cu24 later, when I can get my camera working.

Congrats on the new guitar, it looks beautiful. As far as the truss-rod cover is concerned, I can't find the exact quote, but it stated something to the effect that starting from the 2014 models, all truss-rod covers on the SEs, regular and signature, will now be plain black. Any variation may just be either production snafu or customizations specific to a local store or distributor.

The ones I've seen with O-serial numbers have been, including the new SE Tremoni I purchased a week ago.

Speaking of which, will post a pic of my 2014 SE Tremoni and 2013 SE Cu24 later, when I can get my camera working.

Thanks much for the info. Yep, the guys at the store pointed out to me that none of the other Floyd and signature models on the wall had logos on the cover. (The other SE models did, but maybe they're older stock?) No worries...I bought the guitar because it plays, sounds, and looks great. And it'll do all three of those with or without a logo. :top:

My '14 Bernie. Mods: TonePros Kluson Drop-Ins, Brushed Raw Nickel Pup Covers, Tusq Nut. Blank 3-Ply TRC. Love it.

a6b9f4e6-4a41-4306-a7d4-87e1782d9758_zps2f25734d.jpg

I agree, your Bernie is very nice! And that's a good compliment coming from Mike, he has the nicest looking one around IMO, and he can play the heck out of that thing.

Nice Bernie Jstarr... That pic'll haunt you if you sell it!

(Still not trying to influence you btw!)

Ahhh! You got me. Thanks! It's hard to deny (especially in person)... the Bernie is badass. I don't know if all if them came off the assembly line this way, been mine is a really gem. I know that I will probably be disappointed if I swapped it out for a S2 Mira. I'll heed your advice.

Ahhh! You got me. Thanks! It's hard to deny (especially in person)... the Bernie is badass. I don't know if all if them came off the assembly line this way, been mine is a really gem. I know that I will probably be disappointed if I swapped it out for a S2 Mira. I'll heed your advice.

Your Bernie does have a great top! I think someone else said in the other thread about the Mira and Bernie being totally different guitars regardless of price comparisons. If there was an S2 Bernie or similar it would be a different story perhaps but you've really got to spend a ton of cash to get something similar to the Bernie in the US line.

Still doing mods to mine. Some work out, others don't. Most are cheap and reversible mods. Gets expensive when changing pups but the other mods are relatively inexpensive. I will change the frets for taller ones one day. That'll be expensive but worth it to me.

I was looking for a real picture what a orange SE 245 looks like. Now I'm definitely buying this one. Could you plz post some more photos of this gear?

Im not zherman but picked the same guitar in orange.
Played guitar for more than 15 years and made a children break in the last five.
Now Im back and will make myself happy with some nice new guitars.
Marcel
IMG_20140521_222147_zps2198a256.jpg

I have a few SE7s that I love but this..... this is my girl. Words cannot express how much I love this model - no matter which series of PRS its from.

10401919_10100245318731932_2473932594319051154_n.jpg

Back