Show your SE!

Well sort of

I convinced my nephew to buy an SE so I start giving him lessons for fun
and he decided on a Santana SE model,so I got in touch with my pusher Andy fro Music Store live
and got him a 3 color sunburst 2013 model,she arrived yesterday and I played her for an hour or so...
I was surprised how light and resonant she is and the best part?
the trem kept things in tune like the one on my AP 513 and the pickups were mighty fine too
biggrin.gif

well enough yapping...a couple of pictures,and forgive the quality:

making acquaintance with my 513

Well sort of

I convinced my nephew to buy an SE so I start giving him lessons for fun
and he decided on a Santana SE model,so I got in touch with my pusher Andy fro Music Store live
and got him a 3 color sunburst 2013 model,she arrived yesterday and I played her for an hour or so...
I was surprised how light and resonant she is and the best part?
the trem kept things in tune like the one on my AP 513 and the pickups were mighty fine too
biggrin.gif

well enough yapping...a couple of pictures,and forgive the quality:

making acquaintance with my 513

The difference in scale length is really noticeable in that photo - Santana 24.5" Vs 513 25.25".

Lots of awesome looking guitars posted here. Speaking of good looking SE's, does anyone know anything about the Spalted SE Customs at Sweetwater? Forgive me if these are posted and I missed them, but I am very intrigued by the looks of them

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=se+spalted&Go=Search

What's to know? They look awesome and I believe are otherwise the same in terms of specifications. Spalted Maple would certainly have been my first choice if I had known about it when I bought my SE CU24. This:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SECust24SNA/

That's what I thought. Seems that other than the top they are the same, and I am really digging the looks of the spalted natural also, and the matching headstock is very cool.

Picked up this Singlecut SE 245 today at GC. Really liked the unique orange finish. Not sure about the matching knobs thought; was thinking about swapping to Gibson black Top Hat or Speed knobs.
ipwcif.jpg

Picked up this Singlecut SE 245 today at GC. Really liked the unique orange finish. Not sure about the matching knobs thought; was thinking about swapping to Gibson black Top Hat or Speed knobs.
ipwcif.jpg

The correct answer would be black PRS lampshades.

Welcome to the forum buddy!:five:

Hey gball. I have a spalted maple CU24 that I bought in Sept. from Sweetwater It is a great guitar and plays well. It came perfectly set up and ready to play. If you have any questions just let me know. ENJOY!!!

SE One (Seymour Duncan Custom P90, Grover 406c tuners, PRS USA Stoptail and Volume pot, PRS USA nut, Dunlop Strap Locks)

0fd7ff2f9737d6e1f85cdb6ed49c89ce_zps11926c6c.jpg

Got a really SICK deal on this used, was going to flip it but it's one of the best SEs I ever played. I had 2 245s and a Marsden in the past, and those were nice, but I like this Akesson the best of all the SE SCs.

I think andy474x is on to something - maybe it's the combo of the ebony board and the Tone Pros, but this has the depth of the SE 245s I remember, but it's less wooly on the neck, and absolutely sings. I threw some EB Cobalt .10s and it seems to have taken to the thicker strings pretty well. Also, totally diggin' the darker birds. Plus these things are built like TANKS.

Hard to photograph the "Ancient Brown" quilt on these, but it's a pretty guitar, and save for a few scratches and some swirlies, she's in damn fine shape. Think I may just throw on a set of Grovers and keep her.

002_zpsf80850fe.jpg

Got a really SICK deal on this used, was going to flip it but it's one of the best SEs I ever played. I had 2 245s and a Marsden in the past, and those were nice, but I like this Akesson the best of all the SE SCs.

I think andy474x is on to something - maybe it's the combo of the ebony board and the Tone Pros, but this has the depth of the SE 245s I remember, but it's less wooly on the neck, and absolutely sings. I threw some EB Cobalt .10s and it seems to have taken to the thicker strings pretty well. Also, totally diggin' the darker birds. Plus these things are built like TANKS.

Hard to photograph the "Ancient Brown" quilt on these, but it's a pretty guitar, and save for a few scratches and some swirlies, she's in damn fine shape. Think I may just throw on a set of Grovers and keep her.

002_zpsf80850fe.jpg

Glad to hear you got your hands on one Carl! They really are fantastic guitars, there are a lot of little extras on the Akesson that combine to make them stand out. I had a very similar experience, mine into my lap for a steal and I couldn't say no. Great top on that one too, congrats on the NGD!

Hey gball. I have a spalted maple CU24 that I bought in Sept. from Sweetwater It is a great guitar and plays well. It came perfectly set up and ready to play. If you have any questions just let me know. ENJOY!!!

Thanks! They are still out of stock but I am thinking this is going to be my next purchase.

Back