Show your SE!

I'll play.

20140117_180956_zpsktvp3y9o.jpg

20140117_180927_zpshk1muo4p.jpg

Wow, another awesome Marsden, congrats!

Thanks guys!! Now that I have the ZM for Drop C I'm trying to decide if I want to use the Tremonti for Drop B or Drop Db. Leaning towards Db and getting another Lowery model for B.

Here's my soapie. But there's more to it than meets the eye. Come along with me on a little tour...

IMG_0545-X2.jpg

American PRS Soapbars & Wilkinson bridge at this end.

IMG_0546-X2.jpg

Bone nut.

IMG_0551-X2.jpg

Sperzel locking tuners.

IMG_0558-X2.jpg

And this baby is intonated within an inch of its life.

But besides the tone (which is really nice), its the weight (or lack thereof) that wins me over with this guitar. You can play all night long and not get fatigued. It's so light and comfy -- I really should play it more than I do...

Here's my soapie. But there's more to it than meets the eye. Come along with me on a little tour...

IMG_0545-X2.jpg

American PRS Soapbars & Wilkinson bridge at this end.

IMG_0546-X2.jpg

Bone nut.

IMG_0551-X2.jpg

Sperzel locking tuners.

IMG_0558-X2.jpg

And this baby is intonated within an inch of its life.

But besides the tone (which is really nice), its the weight (or lack thereof) that wins me over with this guitar. You can play all night long and not get fatigued. It's so light and comfy -- I really should play it more than I do...

That's a damn fine looking soapie!

Thanks for you picture

Picked up this Singlecut SE 245 today at GC. Really liked the unique orange finish. Not sure about the matching knobs thought; was thinking about swapping to Gibson black Top Hat or Speed knobs.
ipwcif.jpg

I was looking for a real picture what a orange SE 245 looks like. Now I'm definitely buying this one. Could you plz post some more photos of this gear?

Here's my new SE custom 24, haven't even had it a week, but I think its gotten more use out of it than the last guitar I bought, lol. I don't really plan on doing much to it other than fix or replace the nut so I'm not tuning it every 20 minutes. When its not -20° out, ill break out the camera gear and get some good photos in the sun :)

Here's my new SE custom 24, haven't even had it a week, but I think its gotten more use out of it than the last guitar I bought, lol. I don't really plan on doing much to it other than fix or replace the nut so I'm not tuning it every 20 minutes. When its not -20° out, ill break out the camera gear and get some good photos in the sun :)

I had an SE Custom 22 that looked almost identical to that guitar. Nice one, congrats!

I was looking for a real picture what a orange SE 245 looks like. Now I'm definitely buying this one. Could you plz post some more photos of this gear?

I just picked one of these up from GC a week and a half ago as well. When I was looking at the inventory this was the only se 245 in the area in stock(checked other dealers too) but I was hesitant to drive over an hour one way due to the color. Got there and LOVED it. So much depth to the quilting and such, just great. I busted their chops and got the guitar and a gig bag for $400(this color is on clearance).

I just picked one of these up from GC a week and a half ago as well. When I was looking at the inventory this was the only se 245 in the area in stock(checked other dealers too) but I was hesitant to drive over an hour one way due to the color. Got there and LOVED it. So much depth to the quilting and such, just great. I busted their chops and got the guitar and a gig bag for $400(this color is on clearance).
Was the included gig bag the original PRS SE? My GC won't include it when I bought my SE Bernie, or they don't have it at all.

Was the included gig bag the original PRS SE? My GC won't include it when I bought my SE Bernie, or they don't have it at all.

This is one of the models that guitar center, apparently, gets without a gig bag. Their $50 road warrior bag is identical to the SE bag except for color and embroidery. I still contend that when I try to negotiate a near cost transaction I will go to GC otherwise I will go to a mom and pop. Knowing the games they play helps put you on an even negotiation level with them.

Back