Show your SE!

So, you're telling me that my guitar has a wide-THIN neck? That's the thickest neck I've ever owned. I was actually wondering about that today...going to have to start reading these all the way through.

So, you're telling me that my guitar has a wide-THIN neck? That's the thickest neck I've ever owned. I was actually wondering about that today...going to have to start reading these all the way through.

Sorry, made a mistake regarding your neck carve, it's a Wide Fat carve. I wasn't paying attention to the 2 missing frets at the dusty end of the fretboard! :laugh: WF is very comfortable neck for chording, I love the way they feel when playing with bluesy phrases and doublestop stuff. It just feels right, with lots of meat to wrap my mitts around. Wide Thins are just a tiny bit thicker than Ibanez thickness, feels more like a standard thin neck rather than "shreddy" neck. After trying a couple of the newer S2s, I'd say the Pattern Regular necks are my current favourite! Very Fender-y feel there, like a '60s C shape, meaty but not too big to be uncomfortable.

So, in the beginning of the year I got my SC 245 SE from Sweetwater, and it was face meltingly amazing. Loved it. Well since then I've changed the strings to 10s and had a push/pull pot put in the neck tone slot to split the coils. Here's the good and the bad from that. 1.) 10s on this guitar did NOT sound good to me. Not sure why as I use 10s on everything else but they made the neck pup on this guitar sound extremely muddy. However, the push/pull pot has been a smashing success. I have just got the guitar back from my luthier today after having him out 9s back on it and setting everything back to factory specs and it sounds better than ever. And the push pull coil split sounds like glass! Man I love this thing! If you've been considering adding a coil split to your SC 245 SE, then go for it. You'll never look back.

Well, here to create my first post on this forum.

Last saturday I bought my very first PRS guitar and since then I've played my new baby as much as possible, a thing my girlfriend might've resented. Well, you guys will understand most likely.

It's a PRS SE Custom 22 (yes, it's an oldy) which I purchased new from my local guitar shop in the Netherlands. I was looking for a 'Les Paul' type guitar when the sales guy came up with this beauty. It was basically love at first sight. Never thought I'd come to love PRS's but now I'm hooked. In fact I'm kinda in my mind looking at what PRS to buy next!

But hey, no pics no glory so here are some (crappy phone) pictures.

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

And a picture with the rest of the family:
IMAG0104.jpg

I hope you enjoy them!

Last saturday I bought my very first PRS guitar and since then I've played my new baby as much as possible, a thing my girlfriend might've resented. Well, you guys will understand most likely.

It's a PRS SE Custom 22 (yes, it's an oldy) which I purchased new from my local guitar shop in the Netherlands. I was looking for a 'Les Paul' type guitar when the sales guy came up with this beauty. It was basically love at first sight. Never thought I'd come to love PRS's but now I'm hooked. In fact I'm kinda in my mind looking at what PRS to buy next!

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

I hope you enjoy them!

That looks really nice!!! Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing....rock that beast with gusto!!!

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

I hope you enjoy them!

Sweet! That same exact guitar was my first PRS... SE Custom with stoptail in cherry burst. Loved the heck out of that guitar, enjoy it!

Hello everyone. This is my 1st post in this forum. I have a 2013 Bernie Marsden SE which I purchased from Sweetwater.

9657824027_e0c09a6d11_b_d.jpg

Hi cayle, welcome aboard! :beer: that top there is amazing, I love the way it looks. The SEs just keep getting these great veneers that look awesome. :top:

Hello everyone. This is my 1st post in this forum. I have a 2013 Bernie Marsden SE which I purchased from Sweetwater.

9657824027_e0c09a6d11_b_d.jpg

Congrats. Those Bernies have such great looking tops, I'm yet to see even an average looking one.

Hi cayle, welcome aboard! :beer: that top there is amazing, I love the way it looks. The SEs just keep getting these great veneers that look awesome. :top:

Congrats to you. That is very nice! I love those Bernies.

Goldtop Lloyd

That's cool! Looks great.

Goldtop Lloyd

Nice one!

Congrats. Those Bernies have such great looking tops, I'm yet to see even an average looking one.

Thank you guys! It's really a great guitar.

I don't care what kind of guitar you own. You have to admit that PRS makes some of the most beautiful looking guitars on the planet.

welcome to the forum tnels :) glad you share the same passion with the board, PRS has never put out a single guitar that doesn't amaze people. It's like their corporate aim, to amaze.

Back