Show your SE!

Modded my PRS SE Mushok to have a set of 59/09s in it with full PRS CU22/24 wiring as well. Also in the middle of full USA hardware and plastics mods as well with a Tusq nut install as well. Here it is with my Tremonti. Sorry for crap iPhone photo;

Thinking about a set of Phase III tuners, would my Mushok SE take them???

I know you'll need to drill them out for large gauge strings…

(MASTER…MASTER…Where's the dreams that I've been after? :rock: )

Thanks for that info, whats the largest i can get in the Phase IIIs? If they can take either of these gages ill be happy:

13-17-26-36-46-56
13-17-26-36-46-62

Can anyone say weather a upgrade to PRS USA saddles would be worth it on the SE Bridge?

Thanks.

Thanks for that info, whats the largest i can get in the Phase IIIs? If they can take either of these gages ill be happy:

13-17-26-36-46-56
13-17-26-36-46-62

Can anyone say weather a upgrade to PRS USA saddles would be worth it on the SE Bridge?

Thanks.

The largest string I've gotten into a Phase II is a .052. I'm pretty sure the hole in a Phase III is the same diameter.

Wow, your Bernie Marsden is awesome!

Thanks! I love the top on this one, but I wished the fretboard was darker. Just yesterday I replaced the gold bell knobs with amber ones. Blends better with the burst.

Hi guys, i'm new here and this is my 1st post! Been having my SE 245 for 2 years plus. Before the SE 245, my ESP LTD was my main guitar.
Ever since i got the SE 245, i regret that i only pick up my LTD once in a blue moon... ;)

Here is it:

Bone Nut
SD '59 Neck
SD Custom Bridge
Schroeder Bridge
Schroeder Locking Studs
Switchcraft Jack

DSC_0589.jpg

I can't believe how much difference the Schroeder bridge and studs seem to make. I have them on a Singlecut w/2 P90's and the top end is clear as a bell. It wasn't clear before I had the new bridge put on.

Just got this today...black Friday deal. Will be dialing it in, but a sweet guitar for sure. My first PRS, and my only real experience with the SE models has been at guitar center, so of course they were all nasty.

I recently purchased a Se custom Semi hollow! I really like it but then I played a later years model in a local guitar center and it sounded much richer to me. I wanted to pose a question to the members of this forum,how much variation in sound and build is there between instruments in the same line and between older year instruments and newer year instruments in the same line?

I recently purchased a Se custom Semi hollow! I really like it but then I played a later years model in a local guitar center and it sounded much richer to me. I wanted to pose a question to the members of this forum,how much variation in sound and build is there between instruments in the same line and between older year instruments and newer year instruments in the same line?
Personally, I think that there`s quite a bit of difference betwen guitars. I don`t think it`s some better, some worse, I think they`re just different. I`ve never played a bad one. I also think every guitar has to be broken in. They sound good right out of the box, but they sound better after a few hundred miles. I also mod all of mine because I`m a tinkerer. There`s always a point where I stop diddling with them, and just enjoy playing them.

Back