Show your SE!

One more question for you guys,
Is it possible to install a locking tremolo bridge on a Singlecut SE without a tremolo? I wonder how it will sound.
I found a nice locking tremolo bridge for 120 dollars. I might buy this one and install on my Singlecut SE which originally doesn't have tremolo bridge.
What do you guys think?

:beer:

It's possible. It's not easy unless you are good with tools (routers, drills, etc.) You will still have to measure everything out to be sure that the neck angle (if it's a set neck guitar) will allow the new tremolo.
I've installed Floyds on lots of guitars. I did install one on a Les Paul that was originally a stop tail. (I'll put a pic up if I can find it).
I'm a woodworker by trade and have the necessary tools and router templates.
It would be much simpler to do the job an a guitar already routed for a trem like an SE Singlecut Trem.

I've been considering "Floyding" a SE Singlecut or an SE245 but haven't decided yet.

Here's the pics. It's an Epi Les Paul.

Before:
DSCN2325.jpg

During:
DSCN2331.jpg

After:
DSCN2608.jpg

This is an SE Singlecut Trem that I gave the Floyd Rose treatment.
FR35.jpg

After many US made PRS, I finally got an SE. Its a SE Angelus Custom w/electronics. So far I'm very happy with it. Great build quality, playability and tone.

And the case is extremly nice!
SE-acoustic1.jpg

SE-acoustic4.jpg

SE-acoustic3.jpg

SE-acoustic2.jpg

Very nice looking guitar. Using Google images I had a look at the EQ panel on the top. Does it include a preamp and do you have a 9v battery in it? It looks like the Fishman unit in my Ibanez acoustic single cutaway. As they say HNGD :)

sharpyg, Hey, nice guitar!
I'd love to hear what this will sound like. Have you try to play some Alter Bridge and Creed stuffs with this guitar?
If so, would you make some demo videos or audio files with this one? I've seen many people saying that they put real Tremonti pickups on their SE Tremonti but I haven't heard what they sound like. Does this guitar sound close to real USA Tremonti guitar?

Cheers

Last edited:
Very nice looking guitar. Using Google images I had a look at the EQ panel on the top. Does it include a preamp and do you have a 9v battery in it? It looks like the Fishman unit in my Ibanez acoustic single cutaway. As they say HNGD :)

Yes it's one with electronics. 9V required for the 3 band EQ, preamp, anti feedback loop, and Tuner! The tuner is awesome to have, makes it very easy to...well...tune. Not sure who makes the electronics in the SE line but the US line uses a PRS/LR Baggs design. Not had a chance to plug it into anything yet but acoustically it sounds very nice.

that looks great!, i just got a se holowbody soapbar and love the guitar but the finish is too shiny, i think it would look better a little duller, how did you go about doing this?

Nice Bernie! Seriously thinking about grabbing one myself, though I'm also desperate for a new Tele too...

Tele's are nice but.... Not that i'm trying to sway your decision or anything, but...

7316851298_084ff49cda_b.jpg

Hmmmm...it's a real beauty, particularly with the chrome pups. I might be able to afford both in a few months, though it would mean grabbing a Mexican Tele instead of a US made. Not completely out of the question. There are some quality MiM models out there.

Last edited:
Back