Show your SE!

Thanks for the help getting that opened John Beef. That was my first attempt at Photobucket. Yes, I love the feeling of this guitar. It has the G&B pickups in there now, But i have a nickel covered Doug Aldrich set from Shur. I will be installing as soon as I get a wiring set. I put Deox-it on the pots because they were kind of scratchy, Not I have a bad volume pot on the bridge. The G&B set sound good, but I figured when I rewire I'll install the Aldrich set. Should be awesome after that.. Also I see you are from AZ. I live in Phoenix myself, Tucson before 2005.

Last edited:
Awesome, a Gold Top would be killer! I'd like to get a Tremonti in Black, with the birds on the neck, or a Bernie Mardsen next. I have a Korean Made Epi LP now also. Great Guitar, but a little heavy compared to the Tremonti. I do like the Stopbar tailpiece over the Tune-o-Matic. as for the Tremonti, I'd do Go over it and put My Own name on it! LOL.

So Sweetwater has some of the new SE Custom 24 in stock now, in the Royal Blue color. What do you think? Almost seems too blue to me, and I don't see any binding on it. What I'm waiting for is the black/gray color, should be in soon I think.

M30593-angle-large.jpg

I have one of these in my store. It is VERY blue. So much so it's hard to see the flame veneer pattern. It is very bright and looks good under good lights but it's a little too blue for me

I'm quite fond of blue guitars but (sadly) I really hate the blue SE's. The one above being a prime example. Lighter blue and a bit of burst and it would have been sweet. IMHO, of course.

Have to agree... the whale blue SE's have been a bit of a letdown cosmetically. I think thy might be moving to a new shade of blue on one of the 2013 models (can't remember which one at the moment) but hopefully they pop a bit more!

Have to agree... the whale blue SE's have been a bit of a letdown cosmetically. I think thy might be moving to a new shade of blue on one of the 2013 models (can't remember which one at the moment) but hopefully they pop a bit more!

I think the opposite has happened, if you look at the photo above, that's the new Royal Blue, even more blue than the Whale blue they were using in 2012. I agree with Zeke, it's hard to see the flame in the wood, and I don't see any binding on it either, which seems strange as it's there on the vintage burst model and the gray/black model that is just now coming out.

Hope you get your SE soon, and let us know how you like it.

Yeah Corey knows all too well about waiting for a guitar.

Glad the Tremonti was worth the wait!

CoreyT et al, how long have you guys had to wait for your brand new SE's after placing your orders? I placed the order for my guitar on February 19th, at which point the dealer said I would get mine with the next shipment of PRS, which he said had already been placed. On February 22, I called back and was told the delivery is on its way. Great! But since then, whenever I follow up I'm told that I'll be contacted when it comes in, which I definitely appreciate. I'm just wondering how long it usually takes for PRS to get their stuff delivered to their dealers in Canada? The store I ordered from is not the biggest dealer, it's not a big chain or anything, but still.....the excitement has turned into impatience, and is now slowly devolving into apathy. If this is par for the course, then cool...but let me know if it's not. My pawn shop pos guitar is killing me knowing that something so beautiful is coming lol.

I will chime in on this and agree with you guys as well. A month ago when I started shopping for my SE CU 24, I almost bit on the 2012 Whale Blue because it was being offered at a discount to move it out of the store. But to me, the flame on it was just too subtle and I desired more pop like on the Tobacco Burst. What I truly wanted was the Tobacco Burst, and I couldn't justify spending all this money on something my heart wasn't truly set on. Needless to say, I ordered the Burst, and I believe the Whale Blue is still at the store :p

Last edited:
Ugh, one time I sold some piece of guitar hardware to a Canadian, it took 3-4 weeks to get through Customs. I couldn't believe it. I've sold to people in Brazil and Croatia too, it took maybe a week each? I don't know why Canadian Customs takes so long!

Ugh, one time I sold some piece of guitar hardware to a Canadian, it took 3-4 weeks to get through Customs. I couldn't believe it. I've sold to people in Brazil and Croatia too, it took maybe a week each? I don't know why Canadian Customs takes so long!

WAT.
That was not the droid I was looking for. Daaaaaamn, sounds like I'm gonna have to strap on my seatbelt....this could be a looooong ride :( :( :(

When I ordered my SE Santana and SE 24 I got them within a few weeks.
The Tremonti Custom however was a nightmare, and is covered in a huge Tremonti thread here.

Basically it took months to get it as PRS sent my first one to a music school back East instead of to my dealer.
The replacement sent out UPS broke the headstock on it.
Third one sent is the one I have now.
What

WOW.

Okay....I guess I won't hold my breath then lol. Thanks for the reply CoreyT. Sounds like a few weeks is to be expected. But that ordeal with the Tremonti sounds like it was a nightmare indeed! That is insanity!! I'm crossing my fingers hoping it doesn't happen to me :p

That Blue is Very Strong. I dont think any of the SE guitars look good blue. Fender sonic blue looks good on a Fender guitar, But I'm no fan of Blue Guitars.

Yeah the SE blue isn't whale blue anymore, it's royal blue. And like I said it's BLUE. I'll try to get a pic up for you guys who haven't seen it yet

My first SE took 6 months to come in. This was about 5-6 years ago. Normally when I order one for a customer it will arrive in about 2-3 weeks depending on what's in stock. I actually put in my store's order before the NAMM show and I just got a partial shipment last week so if you're ordering now be prepared to be patient.

The picture above is NOT the new blue. That's the old Whale Blue

According to the Sweetwater site, and it looks the same on the PRS site, this is Royal Blue:
M30558-body-large.jpg

And this is Whale Blue (which notice seems to have body binding):
M28321-body-large.jpg

And Royal Blue from this PRS product site:
royalblue.jpg

Also, the RB is blue everywhere, back and neck and headstock. The Whale Blue is blue only on the front, black on the sides/back and headstock.

Last edited:
Not keen on that all blue look. I definitely prefer the all black pickups, but would not buy that with a blue headstock and such.

Back