Show your SE!

You should like it if you like thin necks.
It is my favorite SE next to my new Tremonti Custom which has the same neck, but without the extra access to all of the frets.
I play the 24 and the Tremonti more than my SG which cost 3X more.

I know what you mean about waiting, I had to do it three times already for all of my SEs.
Now I am waiting for my 408 MT to come into the same shop.

I'm a big fan of blue, and I think this is pretty but it would definitely look better with binding.

sweet guitar! my first prs and im now a convert!!

image isnt working.. heres a link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lz6nkowlwrcev5a/2013-02-14 18.39.12.jpg

and another: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hy9yv0dfdeuyh01/2013-02-14 18.39.28.jpg
2013-02-14%2018.39.12.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's an issue with DropBox. The usual HTML code isn't doing the trick.

Try hosting your images on PhotoBucket.com

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;53594 said:
I think it's an issue with DropBox. The usual HTML code isn't doing the trick.

Try hosting your images on PhotoBucket.com

It's probably that https thing.

It is my favorite SE next to my new Tremonti Custom which has the same neck, but without the extra access to all of the frets.

I know what you mean about waiting, I had to do it three times already for all of my SEs.

I'm already in love with it! After doing a TON of research, I found that this particular guitar had ALL of the features I was looking for in a first electric guitar that should be playable for a good 10 - 20 years or so :D Being that it was a PRS just sweetened the pot. Then I was able to try it out at a guitar show around my parts and it felt and sounded like heaven for me! It was a perfect match. I am a fan of thin necks for sure, since I do not have the biggest of hands. I'm glad to hear that it gets more use than your more expensive guitars! Makes me feel like I made the right choice.

And I'm not the most patient of people, so this one time has just been particularly excruciating lol. I don't know if I could do it three more times lol. Congrats on the 408 MT....very drool worthy! Question: does each mini-toggle split each humbucker? That's what I'd assume, but I didn't read anything about it.

Last edited:
The SE Custom 24 has a .25' longer scale length than my Gibsons 24.75" scale, but the PRS is just so much easier to play.
Also the neck seems a little shorter on the PRS, so I do not have to reach down as far for the first three frets where I chord the most.

Yes, the 408 stands for 4 pickups (when split), 8 different sounds.
The guitar is overkill for me, but I have wanted a USA one for awhile.
Not sure is the pattern thin neck on it is as thin as the SEs wide/thin or not, I am hoping it is.
A little thicker will not matter though, as long as it is not as thick as my SE Santana.
That neck is a little thick for me.
It plays nice, I just prefer a thinner neck.

Hope you get your SE soon, and let us know how you like it.

Yeah Corey knows all too well about waiting for a guitar.

Glad the Tremonti was worth the wait!

Oh man...I thought the SE CU 24 would be my first and last electric....but the 408 sounds like absolute perfection for me! lol I'd love to be able to go half humbucker half single coil....hmmmm...

When I started playing a year ago, I had a friend tell me that a guitar collection is never complete...I'm starting to think he might be right!!

Oh man...I thought the SE CU 24 would be my first and last electric....but the 408 sounds like absolute perfection for me! lol I'd love to be able to go half humbucker half single coil....hmmmm...

When I started playing a year ago, I had a friend tell me that a guitar collection is never complete...I'm starting to think he might be right!!

Question: How many guitars does a guitar player need?

Answer: Just ONE more.

Yeah Corey knows all too well about waiting for a guitar.

Glad the Tremonti was worth the wait!
Third time was a charm :D
I was going to give up on it if anything happened to it.

My youngest son gave me that little Fernandes guitar a few years back after he quit playing it, but I did not get back into guitars again until I bought my Gibson SG '61 Reissue last May.
I thought that would be my only one, but less than a few months and I got the Santana, then the Custom 24, then the Custom Tremonti.
It is a very baaaaaaaaad addition I tell you.
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;53830 said:
Question: How many guitars does a guitar player need?

Answer: Just ONE more.
Truer words have never been spoken :D

Here is a pic of my 3 SEs. Any opinions on changing the pickups, rings and toggle cap to black on the Custom 24?

57e74b4ae9c4611b4e31b13a80101b00.jpg

Nice choices there. I haven't tried the Valve Jr but it's got a good reputation. I know the Rebel sounds good! Plus, you can't beat those three guitars for the money.

The Valve Junior stock isn't anything special, but it is being heavily modded next week.

Bought the Custom 24 & One used and I only have $460 total in the 2 of them.

Now just waiting for the Clint Lowery Custom to be available.

Hello, I'm new to the forums, Just thought I'd post the pic of my first PRS guitar. I picked up a used Tremonti for $300.00 cash. It's a little worn in, but it plays great.
kiah026.jpg.html
kiah028.jpg.html
kiah028-1.jpg.html

I guess I haven't gotten the picture thing figured out yet. No time now I gotta go to work.

Back