Show your pedal boards here!

Thanks Les! I stay humble with my choice of pedal makers (mainly with a humbled budget too LOL).

You have nice stuff! Take a look at Tim Pierce's pedalboard some time. He's a major session guy in LA. And there's a very nice mix of stuff on it. Not much is unobtainium at all.

The board looks great!

Music ain't about what ya own, it's about what ya play!

You have nice stuff! Take a look at Tim Pierce's pedalboard some time. He's a major session guy in LA. And there's a very nice mix of stuff on it. Not much is unobtainium at all.

The board looks great!

Music ain't about what ya own, it's about what ya play!
Oh wow very cool stuff he has!

This is my first pedalboard, and I'm learning how to use it. The delay and reverb are in the effects loop. The overdrive and compressor run on 12 volts, I can't tell any difference on the compressor but the overdrive seems to have more harmonics. I get about 5 seconds to change tones between songs, which is barely enough time. But I need a way to boost my leads within a song, is it better to use a volume pedal or a boost pedal? Any recommendations?

IMG_9969_ACsmall_zpspyzp7reg.jpg

Last edited:
...I need a way to boost my leads within a song, is it better to use a volume pedal or a boost pedal? Any recommendations?
Here? People with opinions? Naw...:D

You might start another threat to discuss it. Lots of options.

But I need a way to boost my leads within a song, is it better to use a volume pedal or a boost pedal?

For me, a volume pedal is more useful for swells, intros, etc. If I want a boost, I use a boost pedal. But realize that a boost pedal will still have to deal with the front end of the amp, and will also add some more distortion as it overdrives the input tube. So it does change the signal a little bit, and doesn't work the way a boost switch on an amp does.

In fact, I add distortion to my amps with a boost pedal instead of an overdrive.

Some players just boost the signal with an overdrive set with its output level a little louder. It's all a matter of experimentation and what gets you the sounds you want. There aren't any rules.

If you're already running pedals in the loop, I personally use an e.q. pedal. If you use something like the Boss GE 7, MXR 10 band or Danelectro Fish and Chips in the loop, you can use the gain slider to boost the level without adding gain/distortion whilst sculpting your mids to cut through more.

Just my two cents though, there's a myriad or options

Board is lookin' good PRSrocker! How's the Archer working for you? I got my son the KTR when they were still making them, or shortly after they stopped, and he loves it. His bandmate couldn't find one, and got the Archer, and both of them have been touring with them. Even though they're harder rock players than what I do, they sounded great onstage!

Board is lookin' good PRSrocker! How's the Archer working for you? I got my son the KTR when they were still making them, or shortly after they stopped, and he loves it. His bandmate couldn't find one, and got the Archer, and both of them have been touring with them. Even though they're harder rock players than what I do, they sounded great onstage!

The Archer is a really good pedal...

It'll take a big loud clean amp and make it very dynamic, pick and touch responsive, and sag a bit when you hit hard but is nice and crunchy. I like it for some gritty rhythm. The Lightspeed before it is my leave it on pedal though. It just has a certain sweetness to it that makes everything sound better. I use it for more of a preamp than anything.

The Lightspeed before it is my leave it on pedal though. It just has a certain sweetness to it that makes everything sound better. I use it for more of a preamp than anything.

That's kind of how I use my Suhr Koko Boost, as a preamp, though it isn't sweet, it's more like it adds a hi-fi thing.

Any recommendations on a MIDI controller to use with Strymon pedals, specifically the Mobius and the Timeline? I'm looking into getting these pedals soon and was wondering if anybody had experience using a MIDI controller with them. Doesn't necessarily need to control any other pedals but that might be a plus as well so that I could program full patches to the controller.

This is my first pedalboard, and I'm learning how to use it. The delay and reverb are in the effects loop. The overdrive and compressor run on 12 volts, I can't tell any difference on the compressor but the overdrive seems to have more harmonics. I get about 5 seconds to change tones between songs, which is barely enough time. But I need a way to boost my leads within a song, is it better to use a volume pedal or a boost pedal? Any recommendations?

IMG_9969_ACsmall_zpspyzp7reg.jpg
Looks like you have the right equipment, but now it's time to tidy up. I suggest zip ties. Do it, your eyes will thank you!

Any recommendations on a MIDI controller to use with Strymon pedals, specifically the Mobius and the Timeline? I'm looking into getting these pedals soon and was wondering if anybody had experience using a MIDI controller with them. Doesn't necessarily need to control any other pedals but that might be a plus as well so that I could program full patches to the controller.
I've heard the GigRig works really well, although it might be overkill if you just want to control the two pedals with it. It's designed to control the entire pedal board.

I've heard the GigRig works really well, although it might be overkill if you just want to control the two pedals with it. It's designed to control the entire pedal board.
Yeah, I've heard really good things about it and I wouldn't mind using it to control the whole board but the price tag is waaaay up there. I was looking at the DPC-8EZ by Disaster Area Designs. I'm also open to other suggestions!

Finally got my gear pretty much set up. Might be an EQ pedal short of complete, but so far it sounds killer and I love it. Figured I'd toss my whole rig into the fray here even though it says pedalboards. Ha

IMG_20160222_133655094_zpsdjbktcir.jpg

My stock PRS Tremonti and Gibson 60's Tribute SG (with a Joe Barden mini humbucker)
IMG_20160222_133737137_zpsqtqvktij.jpg

Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18 head through a Bugera 2x12. Replaced the stock Turbosound speakers with a Celestion Creamback (right) and an Eminence Swamp Thang (left). 16 ohm.
IMG_20160222_133728513_zpsjpkcvif4.jpg

Behind the amp, Noise Gate, Sonic Maximizer and very mild room Reverb. Looks sloppy, but I'll get it together eventually.
IMG_20160222_133803121_zpsu4vylyby.jpg

Nice rig!

I have an original '65 SG Special, had it in the family since new, and played it for many years.

Nice rig!

I have an original '65 SG Special, had it in the family since new, and played it for many years.
Sweet! I got my SG as a birthday gift from my wife last year. We saw it in a pawn shop, she made a note that I liked it and bought it a few days later. Kept it in her closet unbeknownst to me for 2 months. It had a Dimarzio Super Distortion P90 in it until this week. The Barden is far better in my opinion.

A friend of mine has an SG from the 70s I believe. She never plays it and it just sits at her dad's place on a stand. Been trying to get her to sell it to me for a while. She keeps forgetting to ask him when she goes back home if she can sell it to me.

Back