Should i buy another PRS SE?

Jotarock

Hi everyone! Months ago i bought a beautiful PRS se custom 24 and i´m really glad that i did. It´s my first PRS and i very impressed for the fact that you can aquired such a great quality instrument, for a (relative) accesible price. The thing is, now i want to have another model, specificaly the new Mark Holcomb SE. It´s like i can´t resist the beauty of that thing. It´s too much to have 2 PRS SE?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I had zero PRSi, then one, then 2, then 3...and as soon as I learn to count higher, there will probably be more.

Imagine how you would feel with the additional guitar on your rack. That will give you your answer.

Ask yourself, is it just the hunt that is making me feel good? Would you still feel excitement and joy once its already in your collection? If that joy is sustainable, go for it. That's a good sign and it means you are buying it for the right reasons. It means you are either playing enough or enjoy collecting.

If, like me, you start to feel anxiety that another instrument would not help with, then I would say don't do it. It means you probably aren't facing something (e.g., procrastinating from songwriting or practicing, which can both be hard).

Also a great choice to pair with a custom 24. That Holcomb punches way above its weight class with great pickups. It’s perfect for downtuning. Neck is the biggest difference. That 20” radius is no joke.

Back