Shaken Beliefs

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
Over in the thread about Dancing Frog's gorgeous new PS 513, it's been revealed that there are several Carl Sagan fans among us.

I'm a big believer in science, and it bugs me how much pseudoscience gets accepted. I remember from Cosmos a bit where Sagan was talking about astrology, and he said something to the effect of "Doesn't it make more sense that the doctor who has a greater gravitational pull on you than any distant star would have a bigger influence?" Some years ago, I remember being in a store and seeing astrological books for the coming year. My buddy and I picked up a couple and started comparing predictions - they were identical. So I don't buy astrology for a second.

Anyway, last weekend I went to the grocery store with my wife. After doing my bit to help, I went to the magazine section, as is my routine. I was checking out some of the women's magazines (always looking for tips!) and I saw a cover story that said "Sex Tips For Your Astrological Sign". Yeah - I can't resist a train wreck, so I started flipping through, figuring I was in for a good chuckle. My wife is a Virgo. The advice for her has me questioning my beliefs and whether there is something to this after all. The sexual position tip for her?

Buy a sex toy.

So, did she buy one?

I don't know. We don't talk during sex - she says it's too awkward to hold the phone.

Asset-00620_image.jpg

Back