Sell the Artist V Case?

Katy C

Hi all

I have recently purchased a Wood Library Custom 24 and have not stopped drooling since! ;)

I store it on a wall stand and I have the PRS gig bag for transporting it (as I find PRS cases too heavy). So the beautiful black paisley Artist case is sat gathering dust and wasting space....

My question is... should I sell the case? I don't want to screw over the future value of the guitar (not that I intend on selling it because I'm in love with it - but as we all know - times can change!) But I just don't see the point of it being both in the way and unused....

Thanks
Katy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all

I have recently purchased a Wood Library Custom 24 and have not stopped drooling since! ;)

I store it on a wall stand and I have the PRS gig bag for transporting it (as I find PRS cases too heavy). So the beautiful black paisley Artist case is sat gathering dust and wasting space....

My question is... should I sell the case? I don't want to screw over the future value of the guitar (not that I intend on selling it because I'm in love with it - but as we all know - times can change!) But I just don't see the point of it being both in the way and unused....

Thanks
Katy

Stunning looking Cu24! As for the case. I'm a wall hanger guy. They're all up. If I take one somewhere it goes in a bag, or an SKB case. That said, all my cases are in the attic. Should the day come to sell one, I'd like to make sure it goes in the proper case. That's just me though.

Yeah, you're right... It's more the space issue. Our house has been extended upwards (so no loft) and the garage I converted to a pool hall (36 going on 16!) But I do have a room that I lovingly call "The S**t Room" where I can store it - but it's getting very full! Can I borrow your loft space? :D

Last edited:

Yeah, you're right... It's more the space issue. Our house has been extended upwards (so no loft) and the garage I converted to a pool hall (36 going on 16!) But I do have a room that I lovingly call "The S**t Room" where I can store it - but it's getting very full! Can I borrow your loft space? :D

I'd sat sure, but it's full of guitar cases!

BTW, welcome to the Forum

Not having the case might lose you a couple hundred in resale, just a question of if the space is worth it to you!

The other question is, who wants one of those freakin heavy cases? :D I have a leather wrapped case for my Mira 25th, thing must weigh 15-20 pounds empty! Sure is pretty though.

You might take a hit on a case with a lot of drool stains.

Seriously, they stay nicer in the cases, need fewer adjustments from temperature/humidity changes that occur over a 24 hour period, and fade less (especially blue ones, the blue dye in the stain is more photosensitive).

But if you're that wall-hangin', soft-case-luggin' kinda person, well, the answer should be obvious. If you don't need it, and won't use it, what's the point of dragging it from room to room and cleaning around it constantly?

Last edited:
I don't understand the question. I understand all the words that constitute the question, and the syntax parses, but I don't live in a world where what I think it means is a question.

To wit: what?!?!? No! That's one beautiful humdinger of a case.

No, seriously, sell it, by all means. They just started selling them in the online shop, so if you do need to resell it, you can always purchase it again.

My opinion, keep it. Maybe you'll need to mail it for warranty work or check it in on a plane. I always carry mine on and shipped a few SE's without hard cases. But I'd never do that with anything higher than an SE.

I do think about resale value even though I never plan on selling. But we all get bit by that GAS bug and may need to free up cash or space.

And welcome to the club. That sure is a gorgeous guitar!

Cheers to those of you who gave your kind opinions (and compliments!)

Last edited:
Beautiful guitar! I wouldn't sell the case, you never know when your situation may change or you could have a need for it. I suppose if PRS sells them after market, you could always buy one again(if they continue selling them that way forever, which is no guarantee). My opinion is, resale on guitars is terrible as it is. Subtract any original parts and that is even worse.
I'm in a similar spot with my private stock case. I knew from the get go I would rarely use the case I ordered for it. I gig the guitar all the time and I'm not throwing my pretty PS in a trailer full of cabinets or road cases. For that matter, I wouldn't want to draw attention with a fancy case at a club/bar. But I wanted the pretty case anyhow. By rights, I should've ordered the guitar with an ATA flight case. I pull my fancy shmancy case out if I just take the guitar over to a friends or to a store or studio or what have you. Otherwise it's in a gig bag or beat up hardshell.

I would suggest asking a parent, sibling, in-law, friend, neighbor or anyone you trust if they could store it for you. There's gotta be someone out there!

"You never know when your situation may change" - very good advice! Yes, I'm going to go with the majority and get it stored away then. The price tag for the case was certainly tempting!

"You never know when your situation may change" - very good advice! Yes, I'm going to go with the majority and get it stored away then. The price tag for the case was certainly tempting!
Glad to hear that.
I find the UK price a bit scary and could see being tempted by it.

Beautiful guitar by the way.

Don't sell the case. I saw a reverb listing of a guy that was selling an artist PRS, but wanted to charge more money to include the artist case. It really rubbed me the wrong way reading that. Quite tacky if you ask me.

Back