Seen the new Amethyst in person?

Dusty Chalk

alberngruppenführer
amethyst.jpg
vs.
front.jpg
...?
I like purple guitars, and I kind of want the 30th anniversary custom 24. But I already have two SE Custom 24/7s in the amethyst (the 2014, and the Axe Palace limited run that I haven't received yet), so I'm kind of wondering if it's going to be significantly different. Hard to tell from photographs, could be different lighting, etc.

Maybe I should just get a completely different colour.

Oh no, That purple quilt is really gorgeous. I got mine in Vintage Sunburst after my wife talked me out of the Chestnut, and it's killer. Find the exact one you like though. I looked at 7 models before I found the one that took my breath away.

Unfortunately, I do not have the luxury of multiple choices. The nearest guitar center with one, for example, is freakin' 69 minutes away with no traffic, much more likely to be twice that. But they do have a great return policy, which is what I've utilized in the past (and not abused -- I've returned exactly two things...ever).
What ? There`s another color? Go purple or go home.
:)

Indeed. I'm probably overthinking this.

Apparently, at one shop -- with a statistical sample of: one of the SE (PRS trem) and one of the core -- the core was prettier and darker than the SE...I kind of wanted darker. :(

Anyone else seen both the SE and the core in person? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is whether or not I have unrealistic expectations. The shop said they'd order another core for me if I'd like, but then I can't check it out first. I'm trying to figure out if this is variations in wood lot/dye lot (perfectly reasonable if it is, but the same is going to apply to different cores made at different times), or if it's an intentional trend, to make sure the cores are prettier (nothing wrong with that, then I'll just get a core).

Back