SE245

Sasquatch

Got a new SE245 a few months ago. Didn't sound great out of the box so took it to a tech and had it set up with 10's. Sounds great now but the tech warned me that the adjustable saddles will move when changing strings. Really don't want to mess up my intonation every time I change strings. How do I keep the adjustable saddles from moving when changing strings?

???

if you avoid changing strings with a screwdriver on the intonation screws, you should be good. o_O:D

If the tailpiece likes to come off, use a piece of blue painter’s tape to hold it in place. I’d be more concerned about the studs.

???

if you avoid changing strings with a screwdriver on the intonation screws, you should be good. o_O:D

If the tailpiece likes to come off, use a piece of blue painter’s tape to hold it in place. I’d be more concerned about the studs.
Sounded like when I take the string off of a saddle the saddle would just move around on it's on without turning the screw.

I've changed the strings on my SE245 a few times with no movement in the saddles or change in intonation. And that's with taking the tailpiece off for cleaning/wipe down. Not sure why he thinks the saddles would move.

You must have a newer version of the 245. Mine came with the standard non-adjustable wrap around bridge. I did swap that out for a Gotoh adjustable wrap around though. But the saddles dont move unless you purposely turn the screws.

That being said, you should still recheck intonation if you are changing size or brand of strings, and only after you have fully stretched the strings. Otherwise you will be chasing the tuning for days.

Back