SE SoapbarII opinions

marooned

Found one of these for sale and just wondering what folks here think of them. Have you got one or had one? What do think of them? I’ve not had an SE before but I think these look pretty cool.

Looks just like this one

eNyOwgO.jpg

Very nice guitars IMO. I had a '05 Soapbar II red, and have a '07 Soapbar II Maple sunburst. Both are fine guitars, the fret work excellent on both, but I sold the red one and kept the Maple. The P90s sound good as you would expect, and I like the wide/fat neck too. They are great guitars considering the price.

26282675947_e4ee658179_o.jpg

27281267808_5e2c5a6366_o.jpg

I've had the SC Soapbar model and it's really a player. If you haven't had P90s before you are in for fun brawl.
P90s are really what humbuckers tried to match, but had to give up some performance to achieve noise reduction.
Trick is to either play or turn the volume off -- so don't stop playing.

img_20180629_083413sm.jpg

I have a Soapbar II Maple. It sounds great and plays very nicely. When I fits got it the B string was catching in the nut so I filed it to open it up some. Unfortunately I wasn't paying close enough attention and I put some depth into which made that string too low. So I replaced it with a GraphTech nut. I also ended replacing the bridge with a one with individual saddles because I can never seem to get the intonation where I'm happy without individual saddles.

The one thing I'll say is that acoustically this is one of the nicest sounding guitars I have. That's compared to a couple of McCarty's and Teles and a Les Paul Studio. Just sitting on the couch unplugged it really sounds sweet. Seems like quite a few people don't care for the stock pups but I've never had a problem with them.

I have an SE Singlecut that got trashed in shipping. Chris Bavaria refinished it in platinum sunburst. It got Hipshot open back locking tuners, a Schroeder bridge and locking studs, a new volume control, and a TBX tone control. The stock P-90’s are just fine. It rawks.

I have an SE Singlecut that got trashed in shipping. Chris Bavaria refinished it in platinum sunburst. It got Hipshot open back locking tuners, a Schroeder bridge and locking studs, a new volume control, and a TBX tone control. The stock P-90’s are just fine. It rawks.

Platinum burst? We're gonna need pics or it's just a Hello Kitty Strat...:D

Soapbar II arrived earlier today....got to say I’m quite blown away with it, best £250 I’ve spent in a long time. It’s in excellent condition, virtually mint for a 14yo guitar, very light and resonant. No scratchy pots or dodgy switch, everything works perfect, just needs a slight tweak of the trussrod for more relief.
Most importantly it plays and sounds fantastic :)

Very chuffed with it.
m8FValx.jpg

Soapbar II arrived earlier today....got to say I’m quite blown away with it, best £250 I’ve spent in a long time. It’s in excellent condition, virtually mint for a 14yo guitar, very light and resonant. No scratchy pots or dodgy switch, everything works perfect, just needs a slight tweak of the trussrod for more relief.
Most importantly it plays and sounds fantastic :)

Very chuffed with it.
m8FValx.jpg

Sweet!

Back