Modern Eagle RP pickups

MojoPin

Hey folks, digging up some older pickups for discussion here. I’ve spotted a PRS for sale that comes with Modern Eagle RP pickups, and was wondering if anyone with hands on experience would care to comment on what they think of them? I’ve been toying with picking up a PRS with 58/15 LTs also so that’s probably what I’d be comparing them with in an ideal world. Thanks in advance for any input!

T
Hey folks, digging up some older pickups for discussion here. I’ve spotted a PRS for sale that comes with Modern Eagle RP pickups, and was wondering if anyone with hands on experience would care to comment on what they think of them? I’ve been toying with picking up a PRS with 58/15 LTs also so that’s probably what I’d be comparing them with in an ideal world. Thanks in advance for any input!

The RP pickups have mixed reviews. Some love them, others swap them out on their modern eagle 1s. I’d recommend getting the guitar anyway if you like it because you can always swap out them if you don’t like them and sell it to someone looking for original ME1 pickups

Thanks for the input both! Will be thinking about it for a few days. It’s an import so will likely be very expensive after customs is added on, so also considering a McCarty 594 Hollowbody that is 2k cheaper and comes with 58/15 LTs which I know I’ll like. Decisions!

Back