Modern Eagle 1

Adam Hill

Hello everyone! Long time PRS fan but first time poster. Nice to meet you all! As an introduction, I'd like to share a photo of my PRS Modern Eagle 1.

I have a couple questions about it. This guitar came with a tremolo arm but does anyone know the original color arm it came with? Nickel or gold?

Also, the guitar doesn't have the original pickups. Would anyone happen to know a source to find a set of original RP pickups? It currently has PRS Metal ones in it, which I am very happy with but would like to find an original set of pickups for it as well.

Cheers everyone!

FB-IMG-1689923965424.jpg

I think the bar would have been nickel.

Other changes are that the pickup rings and switch tip would have been cream instead of black.

I have a couple and they are like that, anyway.

Not sure if the saddles would have been gold, the one I have with a trem is a NOS 2012, they may have changed the hardware.

The RPs aren't really anything to write home about, I prefer the 57/08 that the newer one came with, but they are part of the history.

Great looking guitar! Congrats on it!

Sweet guitar, man! They're awesome and 100% pure DNA of the PRS "thing." Here's mine...

jfKHAfN.jpg

A few things:
• That's a beautiful, bold blue top. Considering that the pickups are non-stock too, I would suspect that it's been refinished by the PRS factory and got new pickups at that time. A lot of the original blue ones faded horribly (or beautifully, depending on your tastes) but yours looks great.

• I have the hybrid-nickel/gold bridge like yours, and my tremolo arm is Gold with a black tip. I believe it to be factory-original/stock.

• Those RP pickups were pretty rare (only available for sale that I know of in the ME1 and maybe the West St. Limited) and likely hard to find now. The good news is that some 57/08 humbuckers would KILL in that guitar, and they're still available for sale brand-new from the PRS Accessory Store and likely used versions elsewhere.

Huge ME Fan Here! Your Guitar Is Beautiful. As Was Said The Standard Trem Arm Color Would Be The Silver Color And Not Gold. Two Toned Bridge Is Normal And All My ME Trems Are Like That. I Also Would Imagine The Tip And Rings Are Not Standard As I Have Never Seen Anything But Cream On Those Parts. The Trem Arm Tip Is Always Black Though From My Experience And Based On What I Own. They Are Great Guitars! Hit Me Up If You Ever Wish To Sell It. I Don't Own One In That Color And Would Like To. Congrats Again And Welcome To The Forum!

Sweet guitar, man! They're awesome and 100% pure DNA of the PRS "thing." Here's mine...

jfKHAfN.jpg

A few things:
• That's a beautiful, bold blue top. Considering that the pickups are non-stock too, I would suspect that it's been refinished by the PRS factory and got new pickups at that time. A lot of the original blue ones faded horribly (or beautifully, depending on your tastes) but yours looks great.

• I have the hybrid-nickel/gold bridge like yours, and my tremolo arm is Gold with a black tip. I believe it to be factory-original/stock.

• Those RP pickups were pretty rare (only available for sale that I know of in the ME1 and maybe the West St. Limited) and likely hard to find now. The good news is that some 57/08 humbuckers would KILL in that guitar, and they're still available for sale brand-new from the PRS Accessory Store and likely used versions elsewhere.
I have one in the same colour and yes my trem bar is gold and black tip !

Back