"SE" indication

I chose a Mexican strat over a professional series strat. Wasn’t even close in my mind. One felt natural and right. The other felt sterile and lifeless. 40% difference in cost. I don’t give a damn that it says made in Mexico. Sounds great to me. And you’ll find plenty of the YouTube guys that feel the same when it comes to fenders. Either get the cheaper ones or splurge on custom shops.

As more and more time goes by, I kinda like the SE guitars without the Paul Reed Smith logo more and more.

There’s almost a badge of courage kinda thing to proudly rock them right next to my (more) expensive PRS. Zero shame in an SE. Sh!t.... my Bernie kills SC GAS every time I pull it out.
SE One on the headstock looks killer.

The one that started it all:

zfV68lY.jpg

I think the SE’a are more in competition with MIM Fender than Squier. Classic Vibes go for what, 500 bucks for their top of the line? An SE starts at over $800, with some dipping into the four digits.

I think Sterling is more of a direct competitor than Squier.

I think the SE’a are more in competition with MIM Fender than Squier. Classic Vibes go for what, 500 bucks for their top of the line? An SE starts at over $800, with some dipping into the four digits.

I think Sterling is more of a direct competitor than Squier.

I agree with you, although the SE line starts with the SE Standard 24, which costs well below $800 retail. Great guitar for the money, too. But you’re right...the SEs are much more in line with MIM Fenders and Sterlings,

Back