SE Hollowbody Piezo!

Interesting. I preferred the piezo tone of the SE, thought the Core sounded a bit muffled.
Me too! And I have heard other demos that had the same effect. To me...the SE sounds more "acoustic", and more "natural".

I bought one...in that great blue color. It's a winner! Put new Elixer strings on it, set the action lower, and truss rod tighter for a more level neck and it rings out incredibly well.

This was a major score for my collection, which has some high end Gibson stuff, including a 2018 Custom Shop 59 reissue with monster flame in HCS by Tom Murphy. This SE Hollowbody II Piezo is in that class. I will never part with it.

Phil

Sorry to ask and the answer might be obvious, but can I get some classic blues tones out of this guitar that evoke the sounds of Freddie King, B.B. King, Buddy Guy?

Sorry to ask and the answer might be obvious, but can I get some classic blues tones out of this guitar that evoke the sounds of Freddie King, B.B. King, Buddy Guy?
Not that I sound anything like the greats you are referencing, I saw this as I was about to return the SE HB Piezo I had for some demos. So I did a quick sample of my bluesy noodling for you... Hope this helps

(keep in mind this is just the iPhone mic)

Not that I sound anything like the greats you are referencing, I saw this as I was about to return the SE HB Piezo I had for some demos. So I did a quick sample of my bluesy noodling for you... Hope this helps

Hahaha that was all I needed to hear. The EXACT tone I was hoping to get out of this beauty. Thank you Bryan! I am sold.

Edit: Also -- great playing, as usual! Big fan of your demos!

You’re too modest Bryan!

Thanks for sharing.

Wow. Thanks.

That answers a lot of my questions about this guitar, too.

Can you tell us what amp and pedals you're playing through, here?

Just came across this on Reverb...looks fantastic! Color is called Peacock Blue, $1,549.

ZfQUvXQ.jpg

ZNMOBQz.jpg

5sZwzfg.jpg

waACpJV.jpg
Looks exactly like mine. My iPhone camera could not take pictures this good to post...it just didn't do the instrument justice. It is such a fun guitar to play!!!

Back