SE Hollowbody Piezo!

UG. Man. I was pretty sure there was an S2 594 in my near future, but this makes that decision so much harder. They're very similarly priced.

Curious from the few of you here who have this: if you turn up the gain and the volume, do you have trouble with the guitar giving you uncontrollable feedback?

I don’t have the piezo version, just the plain old boring run-of-the-mill SEStandard version, and the answer is no. In fact, in the store, I was trying to get it to feedback, and it was difficult.

I told my wife about these, explained how they are new and differant from what i already have. She said "you're not getting another guitar." :oops: So, i said "I'll buy one for you." :rolleyes: She immediatly replies "You're not allowed to play my guitars.":(
Lol, that’s too funny. Apparently, I’m lucky, my wife named the gold burst cinnamon and wants to get it for me! I think she may try to poison me later though.

I don’t have the piezo version, just the plain old boring run-of-the-mill SEStandard version, and the answer is no. In fact, in the store, I was trying to get it to feedback, and it was difficult.

Excellent. The one reason why I would hesitate to get this (well, other than maybe preferring the S2 594 which I haven't decided yet) is that my jam group plays LOUD - (insert mumbled complaints about my friend's 50-watt mesa into a 4x12) - and I worry that this would struggle in that environment.

Because the other situation I play in is one where the ability to go back and forth between acoustic and electric would make a huge difference. And also the core HBii Piezo was the guitar that made me want a PRS to begin with.

Interesting. I preferred the piezo tone of the SE, thought the Core sounded a bit muffled.

I hear a little bit of Piezo quack in the SE in the first recording, but the core sounds a bit muffled to me, too. When I first listened to it, I preferred the core, but now I actually think I prefer the SE, especially through the amp (which seems to clean up the quack).

I hear a little bit of Piezo quack in the SE in the first recording, but the core sounds a bit muffled to me, too. When I first listened to it, I preferred the core, but now I actually think I prefer the SE, especially through the amp (which seems to clean up the quack).

When I get mine it'll be going through my Pod Go acoustic patch, which uses a Taylor 314 IR - it's really good at removing quack. I did hear the little bit of quack but still found the brighter sound of the SE more appealing even with that.

I'm so glad to see that PRS are finally pronouncing peizo correctly.

Great addition to the SE line, they had to do it!

The more I look at it.... the harder it is to resist. I really dig the flame maple binding, especially in the F-Holes! Beautiful color too. Can’t wait to see what else PRS has in store for the rest of the year, fingers still crossed for an SE Silver Sky.

I get the feeling this is an inevitability, maybe not this year... maybe once they feel like they feel like sales of the main line one have plateaued a bit? Would definitely be a big deal. I'm not even a Mayer fan and I'd still consider getting one.

my go to dealer has 2 of these in stock - one is 6 pound 2 1/4 ounces - the other is 6 pound 7 1/2 ounces

just wondering why the difference in weight

which one would you go with - they have pictures of the 2 in stock

i like the blue version

https://www.coda-music.com/catalogs...llowbody+II+Piezo+se&order=relevance&dir=desc

The difference in weight is down to the differences in the woods. As its a 'natural' product, it varies in density and weight and so guitars made of the same woods, to the same dimension will vary in weight...

I'd go Black Gold myself - but only because I won't own Blue guitars....

Back