SE Hollowbody Piezo!

I've had it in my hands now for about 48 hours and love it.

I thought I had a problem with the guitar when I plugged into both jacks using two different amplifiers because as soon as I connected the second amp (Boss Katana set on acoustic), I got a noticeably loud hiss from the first amp (Fender Pro Junior IV). Unplug the guitar from the Boss and the hiss went away. Changed cords...same thing. Both amps were plugged into a Furman strip with HumX. Was bummed out because the guitar was fine at the store when I tested a dual amp setup. Then I decided to plug the Boss into a different A/C outlet and the problem was solved. Quiet amps and killer guitar!

Anyhow, I was playing some Pink Floyd yesterday and it was so cool to be able to roll off the acoustic and dial in the humbuckers for the solos.

Well, she did give me a SE Paul's Guitar for Father's Day, which is 4 new guitars in the last few months, and she watches a LOT of crime shows, so I feel the threat level is at an elevated state right now.

Oh, she may very well kill you and get away with it. That’s actually more common. But technically, you need a conviction for it to officially be “murder”, and that rate is quite low.

Mine arrives tomorrow. Still working on the plan for dealing with side-eye from my wife. I’m well on my way to selling 2-3 other guitars, so I’m planning on that as my shield if the FedEx guy comes when she is not otherwise occupied. If I don’t survive, it’s been nice forum-knowing you folks.

UG. Man. I was pretty sure there was an S2 594 in my near future, but this makes that decision so much harder. They're very similarly priced.

Curious from the few of you here who have this: if you turn up the gain and the volume, do you have trouble with the guitar giving you uncontrollable feedback?

Back