NGD: PRS SE Hollowbody ii Piezo

Edhalen

Man cave noodler
Hi all - fairly new member here. Took delivery of a PRS SE Hollowbody ii Piezo in the Peacock Blue Burst. Really nice guitar. Fit and finish is flawless. I was really interested in this because of the piezo option. Nice to have some great acoustic sounds to enjoy. This guitar is really comfortable. As far as sound goes I'd compare it to an Epi ES-339 with the Gibby Classic 57's I had installed in it. Moved that one on. In any case the neck profile is really similiar - nice and full C shape. Maybe a little less punchy because this one is fully hollow where that one was semi-hollow. Sounds fantastic clean with the tone rolled back. Changed out the tuners to PRS locking tuners straight-away. Great upgrade. Also, I lowered the bridge/action and now it plays perfectly. Was way too high for my liking. Extremely happy with my purchase. Pic:
CTCF28820-front-xlarge.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, and welcome to the forum!!! That's a beautiful example you have there!

I haven't tried the SE HBII yet....been wanting to for a while now. I have a Core line HBII and it's easily one of my favorite guitars I've ever played.

Congrats again!!!

Congrats, and welcome to the forum!!! That's a beautiful example you have there!

I haven't tried the SE HBII yet....been wanting to for a while now. I have a Core line HBII and it's easily one of my favorite guitars I've ever played.

Congrats again!!!
Thanks! Also, if anyone is searching for it - I checked with John Mann about upgrading the bridge and all told it would cost between $750 and $800 which to me is a bit steep. The stock bridge is just fine :)

Hi all - fairly new member here. Took delivery of a PRS SE Hollowbody ii Piezo in the Peacock Blue Burst. Really nice guitar. Fit and finish is flawless. I was really interested in this because of the piezo option. Nice to have some great acoustic sounds to enjoy. This guitar is really comfortable. As far as sound goes I'd compare it to an Epi ES-339 with the Gibby Classic 57's I had installed in it. Moved that one on. In any case the neck profile is really similiar - nice and full C shape. Maybe a little less punchy because this one is fully hollow where that one was semi-hollow. Sounds fantastic clean with the tone rolled back. Changed out the tuners to PRS locking tuners straight-away. Great upgrade. Also, I lowered the bridge/action and now it plays perfectly. Was way too high for my liking. Extremely happy with my purchase. Pic:
CTCF28820-front-xlarge.jpg
I have been eyeing those for awhile!
$weetne$$!

Great guitar! The high price to upgrade the bridge is almost surely due to the built in piezo pickup. I have no idea if the core piezo stoptail bridge even uses the same connector or if it is compatible with the SE preamp electronics. Be sure to try routing the piezo to a separate acoustic amp or PA for the most convincing acoustic simulation, especially if you use processing such as acoustic guitar impulse responses.

Enjoy!

Thanks all. I have a set of 57/08’s to be installed. Can’t wait! That should really take it over the top!

Great guitar! The high price to upgrade the bridge is almost surely due to the built in piezo pickup. I have no idea if the core piezo stoptail bridge even uses the same connector or if it is compatible with the SE preamp electronics. Be sure to try routing the piezo to a separate acoustic amp or PA for the most convincing acoustic simulation, especially if you use processing such as acoustic guitar impulse responses.

Enjoy!
I believe John told me something like I’d have to buy a specific preamp to replace the electronics as what he has wouldn’t work with it. It would have been expensive as you can see. After he told me the cost I lost track of the specifics :)

I just picked up the same guitar this past weekend and loving it. I also picked up an epi es-339 earlier this year and def need to get the stock pickups replaced on that one although I’m seriously debating on selling/trading that one for maybe a 594 se

Back