SE Hollowbody II Piezo Amp buzz

Frabs

Just purchased a week ago. When plugging in 2 cords (1 into Mag and 1 into Mix/Piezo) there is a buzzing sound that becomes more overwhelming as volume/gain/drive is increased.
Mag output goes to Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 4. Mix/Piezo output goes to Fishman Loudbox Artist.
There is very little noise when only one jack is being used but as soon as the 2nd cord is plugged into the jack the buzzing appears, even if one of the amps is turned off. I'm not very experienced with amps or setup so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Great question. Very unlikely as I purchased high quality Boss cables less than a year ago and function properly in other situations.
Do you have a HB-II piezo?

Great question. Very unlikely as I purchased high quality Boss cables less than a year ago and function properly in other situations.
Do you have a HB-II piezo?
I do and I haven't had this buzzing issue. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about electronics to help.

It's either the cables, or maybe a ground between the 2 jacks on the guitar.

Does it happen when either the mag side or the piezo side is plugged in by themselves? Just asking to make sure it's not the piezo side by itself and only when both are plugged in together.

Just purchased a week ago. When plugging in 2 cords (1 into Mag and 1 into Mix/Piezo) there is a buzzing sound that becomes more overwhelming as volume/gain/drive is increased.
Mag output goes to Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 4. Mix/Piezo output goes to Fishman Loudbox Artist.
There is very little noise when only one jack is being used but as soon as the 2nd cord is plugged into the jack the buzzing appears, even if one of the amps is turned off. I'm not very experienced with amps or setup so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Desperately seeking help here. Same exact issue with my piezo SE ii. I've tried different cables and amps and PAs and the buzzing only occurs when I plug into both jacks. Were you able to figure out the issue?

I had that happen when I had the 2 amps plugged into different wall sockets. Mag was going to an HDRX 20 and Piezo to a Bose L1. Moved them both to same power conditioning strip and that solved for me. Can't say that's the issue you're having, but I suppose worth suggesting.

My Sweetwater rep. suggested I buy the Morley Hum Exterminator to break the 60hz ground loop problem when using 2 amps. Worked perfectly. There are a couple different types to choose from. I purchased a demo that plugs into the power strip. Out of box is about $90-$95. Hope this helps.

Back