SE 22 vs 24

IceTre

Other than the obvious-- 22 vs. 24 frets, I can see that the pickups on the 24 are closer together, which perhaps changes the sound in the two pickup (middle) position. Are there other differences that I'm missing?

Neck pup will also sound different since it’s closer to the bridge. This helped me:

*Edit - you also get the cool tiny owl inlay with the 24

Last edited:
Slightly easier access to the high frets on the 24 as the neck joins the body a couple of frets higher too - Its easier to reach fret 22. The neck is longer and as such, the bridge and bridge PU is pulled closer to the neck PU. This changes the way the neck PU sounds...

Ah yes, with the neck PU being closer to the bridge on the 24, I would expect it to be a little brighter than the 22.
Question: any problem with neck dive on the 24, since it joins the body at a higher fret?
I'll take a look at the video.

Question: any problem with neck dive on the 24, since it joins the body at a higher fret?

Not on my Custom 24 (although that is a Core). Its only a little bit longer and its also only the two 'smallest' frets longer - its not like its the length of the first fret more. Most people don't even notice the neck is longer - assuming the two extra frets push the neck pick-up closer to the bridge PU rather than the bridge and bridge PU being pulled closer to the neck.

It’s not the added couple frets that makes the difference, it’s the length of the neck. The neck on the 22 is noticeably shorter than the 24 and it feels like a smaller guitar when you play it. The neck pickup is a little bassier but the overall sound isn’t too far removed from the 24.

-k

Not on my Custom 24 (although that is a Core). Its only a little bit longer and its also only the two 'smallest' frets longer - its not like its the length of the first fret more. Most people don't even notice the neck is longer - assuming the two extra frets push the neck pick-up closer to the bridge PU rather than the bridge and bridge PU being pulled closer to the neck.
I haven’t really heard much mention of neck-dive in this forum. Must be one of those things other brands suffer from.

Back