SC neck profiles - Why aren't there a selection?

Dan-d-1985

Perpetual lurker
Does anyone know why it seems that SC's seem to lack the range of profiles that some other models do?

I for whatever reason can't get on with the w/f or pattern profile and yet a w/t or pattern thin and pattern reg are ok for me. I geuss I can only take the thicker neck if it's less broad and vice versa.

Listed on the site itself, the new SC245 which I was really interested in only comes with pattern.

I've struggled with this for a long time in the often very tough hunt for an SC with a thin neck and hard tail (thus negating all but the V1 tremonti and some old SC250's which are all but gold-dust in themselves especially in UK). I keep giving up in frustration, but really I WANTS ME AN SC DAMMIT :)

Can we ask dealers for pattern reg or pattern thin and PRS would oblige or is that a difficult thing to change in the production line?

Cheers,

Dan

Unfortunately I highly doubt it.

An option is to buy a guitar in the US, have it shipped to the PTC for a neck reshape, then get it shipped to you.

Unfortunately I highly doubt it.

An option is to buy a guitar in the US, have it shipped to the PTC for a neck reshape, then get it shipped to you.

Believe me, I have discussed this a couple times. I just can't fathom why there aren't the options that some other models have.

Well, It may be that case very soon then.....

Back