SAS Narrowfield with...Rosewood?

Casi1

Hey Guys,

I was surfing the web today and came upon an auction for a 2012 SAS NF. God only knows why I'm still looking at new and used guitars. Nothing good can come out of my inquiring mind; I need another PRS like I need a hole in the head.

Ok. Back to the story.

The guitar looked decent enough except for one thing... It has what appears to be a rosewood fretboard. Is this thing for real? Were some of these SAS NFs available to purchase with RW boards?

I've only ever seen them with maple boards.

If this one is legit, does anybody here own one? I wonder how the RW board changes the tone.

I’ve seen some with rosewood fretboards, but they are pretty rare. No clues how they sound.

Wow... I had no idea. I didnt start seriously getting into guitars until 2015/2016 so I missed a lot.

I've only seen this one SAS NF with the rosewood board so I guess either the folks who have them are keeping them to themselves or not too many folks opted for the rosewood option. I dont see any videos of people playing one with the RW.

Thanks for the info!

Sure the maple gives a little extra snap but figure the majority of famous strat players tended to lean towards a rosewood board and it aint hurt them. My Brent Mason has a rosewood board and i get plenty of spank out of that!

Cool. I have a DC3 with RW on maple neck and its similar to what you describe. It still has the spank, it just has a tiny bit of 'rawness' of the sound removed. You know how maple is like a raw in your face kinda sound? The RW seems to tame that a bit on my guitars. I still favor a rock maple neck with maple board over anything else.

I am now wondering how ebony would sound on a mahogany neck...

Back