Rosewood fingerboards

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
Just wondering, as I have had a few PRS electrics with Indian rosewood boards [and one Brazilian now that I think of it], why some are almost as black as ebony, and some are almost reddish brown. Is it the wood iteslf, or is there a difference in the finishing on those boards. (Pix are not mine, they are just for reference as to what I am referring to)

qq7ykknjqe3dkp5glpxb.jpg

c5f9oyvd63erkgbrfzq0.jpg

lzjil465sa30r9sfucc4.jpg

See what I mean?

Two of my (little more) recent PRSi (both 09) are a little lighter. The two older ones are on the (very) dark side. Colours vary

I’ll PM a pic if you want to see the finished guitar
I would like to see it (and yes, I am talking about the guitar with that cool fretboard)! I appreciate you showing the respect for the forum!! I tend to not "Like" or comment when others post stuff about non-prs products for the same reason, don't want to encourage that behavior ;~)) I have made exceptions though for pieces that are just too good to not give a thumbs up to!!! At the same time, I think it is a bit of a overzealous nanny type rule/suggestion, but hey, their house, their rules (which I have broken on some occasions but I try not to).

I would like to see it (and yes, I am talking about the guitar with that cool fretboard)! I appreciate you showing the respect for the forum!! I tend to not "Like" or comment when others post stuff about non-prs products for the same reason, don't want to encourage that behavior ;~)) I have made exceptions though for pieces that are just too good to not give a thumbs up to!!! At the same time, I think it is a bit of a overzealous nanny type rule/suggestion, but hey, their house, their rules (which I have broken on some occasions but I try not to).

I discussed this with Shawn via PM soon after I came here and he advised me not to share pics. I don’t want to cause upset.

PM to follow.

Back