Santana Body Thickness

Mrjesse

Do all US Santana guitars have same body thickness, MD, Retro and Signature?
Thank you

That’s a good question, especially since PRS never really releases much, if any changes to specifications on Santanas.

I know for certain my Santana Signature is a bit smaller in thickness from the Westies, I, II, and IIIs, and KL33.

Dunno much of anything about MD’s or Retros.

That’s a good question, especially since PRS never really releases much, if any changes to specifications on Santanas.

I know for certain my Santana Signature is a bit smaller in thickness from the Westies, I, II, and IIIs, and KL33.

Dunno much of anything about MD’s or Retros.
I once asked PRS and they said all Santana models had the same body thickness but I’m not so sure now.

I have only had the chance to put my hands on one Santana. I walked into the shop with the intent to buy it. It was a guitar I spotted online that was at my local shop in a finish I love. After I got it in my hands it felt very much like my CU22 but with 2 more frets. I ended up not buying it. I was expecting a thicker neck and body than my CU22 and it felt pretty much the same to. My CU22 has a nice chunky wide fat neck on it. The body thickness looked and felt about the same. If they were different it couldn't have been by much.

Oh Jason .. you missed a chance at magic ..
In all honesty, I didn't think it really offered me anything more than what I had beyond two extra frets. I really wanted to like it more. I told my wife I was going there to buy it. She was shocked when I came home without it.

I felt that way about PRS in general for many decades beautiful , but just didn't quite do it for me .. then something changed.. now I have a dozen including 2 Santana's .

I told my wife I was going there to buy it. She was shocked when I came home without it.
For some reason when this happens to me I feel so proud of myself! The best was when the GF went with me once and when we got back in the car she couldn't believe I didn't buy it. The look on her face was priceless.

She saw the whole experience and thought for sure I was going to do it. Right color, model, and price negotiated. Truth is the guitar just didn't do it for me.

For some reason when this happens to me I feel so proud of myself! The best was when the GF went with me once and when we got back in the car she couldn't believe I didn't buy it. The look on her face was priceless.

She saw the whole experience and thought for sure I was going to do it. Right color, model, and price negotiated. Truth is the guitar just didn't do it for me.
I completely get that. That is exactly how this one went. I was proud of myself for not just buying is and making myself like it over time. I just knew that since it didn't wow me when I first put my hands on it that it wasn't going to get to that love it level. I probably would have liked it but no loved it. They had it at a price that wasn't too bad and this shop will give me a decent deal. I didn't even get into negotiations on it. My wife couldn't believe it when it didn't come in the door with me when I came home.

Back