Sandblasted Swamp Ash SE Custom 24 Exclusive to Europe!

So I did a thing;). Still in the process of proper set up and mods I like. But a NGD thread will be in order when it’s all set. Such an incredible guitar. No way could PRS offer this SE under $1k nowadays. Swamp ash is even more limited now. And PRS certainly doesn’t do much black out hardware anymore (Dustie CE is closest)
But I can certainly see where such high variations occur when this finish technique. Not all are cosmetically equal. Nothing like a veneer that would be pretty reliable to look good. Hard to ask people to buy these sight unseen. I was patient. But this one came up and I couldn’t say no!

Hi folks,

PRS make some of the most beautiful guitars in the world, without question! Though I think the new Swamp Ash Sandblasted range will split the community in half.

Indigo

Emerald Green

Fire Red

Frozen Charcoal

Yellow

Also Released as Custom 22 & Custom 24 Floyd.

Priced at £799 and in store end of September. Indigo and Fire Red Also in Left Handed.

Official Release page from PRS Europe.
http://www.prsguitarseurope.com/2019/09/introducing-the-se-ltd-sand-blasted-swamp-ash/

Andertons here in the UK are taking preorders now.
https://www.andertons.co.uk/brands/...&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

So come guys what do you think, I know @sergiodeblanc will want the Indigo one. To be honest the more I look at them the more I'm drawn to them (like a bad car crash).
So this thread's almost four years old.

Did these ever catch on?

First time I've seen these guitars but I really like the look!

Is PRS still making them? Are they Indonesian?

Limited edition only. Some stragglers took longer to sell but it’s fully sold out for past few years. Made in Korea.

So I did a thing;). Still in the process of proper set up and mods I like. But a NGD thread will be in order when it’s all set. Such an incredible guitar. No way could PRS offer this SE under $1k nowadays. Swamp ash is even more limited now. And PRS certainly doesn’t do much black out hardware anymore (Dustie CE is closest)
But I can certainly see where such high variations occur when this finish technique. Not all are cosmetically equal. Nothing like a veneer that would be pretty reliable to look good. Hard to ask people to buy these sight unseen. I was patient. But this one came up and I couldn’t say no!
Quite a small world.
I had not seen this thread until just now but for the first time I saw one of these on Reverb yesterday.
The Frozen Charcoal one and I thought it looked simply awesome.
$1300 ask though…

some tight ash streaks! to each there own. These are awesome SE's - def hold their own against regular S2 custom 24 versions with a quick swap of locking tuners.
I will say I think mine looks better:cool:

Back