Sandblasted Swamp Ash SE Custom 24 Exclusive to Europe!

Let's do the math... A quick weekend trip to the UK to visit Anderton's - just found a direct, roundtrip flight from Boston to London for $400. One night's accommodation, and you still have a pretty reasonably priced guitar that none of your neighbors will have!

Man I love your thinking! Would be tough with a 1 year old though....
First world problems, and I already have my fair share of beautiful PRS guitars & basses.
I’ll just hold out hope they make their way across the pond, and if not... I’m sure we will get something really cool like a Custom 24 w/ a poplar burl veneer tricked out with a vintage sunburst. :D;)

So I commented tonight to Mr. Smith (at the PRS clinic) what a great idea it was to do this special run, and what a bummer it was that it was a European-only run. He replied... I have no idea about those - didn't even know we were doing them. As he likes to start his stories, "True story...". :cool:

Man I love your thinking! Would be tough with a 1 year old though....
First world problems, and I already have my fair share of beautiful PRS guitars & basses.
I’ll just hold out hope they make their way across the pond, and if not... I’m sure we will get something really cool like a Custom 24 w/ a poplar burl veneer tricked out with a vintage sunburst. :D;)

A dozen bottles laid out on the floor. Garbage bag taped around the waist - replaces diapers, cuts down on mobility. Problem solved.

I ordered one of the fire red ones on Friday, and I really hope that it has more red on it than black, as the promotional model does. I think how good each model looks will depend highly on the grain-amount and colour combo, and that the promotional models were specially picked to represent the best overall 'look' for each colour.
Either way, I am very excited as this will be my first PRS.

They put up an image of one of the red models on Instagram today.
Certainly not as pretty as the promotional models. All I can do is hope for a good one at this stage I suppose.

2NLRvw6_d.jpg

I missed these, but Fender did a similar limited run of Strats and a bass a few years before these (just checked and it was 2015).

I really loved how they looked in the photos, but when I seen them in a shop, I just didn't like how the Strat looked or felt. It just looked fake and plastic'y, but I thought it looked good on the Bass. And I was obviously not the only person to think that, as all the basses sold out before the Strats.

Lot of brands do these. Mayones are pros at it and sell them for well over $3k
The problem with fenders was how tight the grain pattern was. Too close and the guitars looked like some burnt plastic things.

Lot of brands do these. Mayones are pros at it and sell them for well over $3k
The problem with fenders was how tight the grain pattern was. Too close and the guitars looked like some burnt plastic things.
It could have been that.
It's one of the few finishes I've thought would look better relic'd, just to show some raw wood and break up the plastic look.

Back