S2 Vela

William Whitman

Still figuring it out...
I added my second PRS to the collection in the means of an S2 Vela. I did a lot of reading on this interesting little gem before deciding to pick one up. After much searching I found a heck of a deal on a 2016 model from a dealer on Reverb that had never been sold, so I am the first owner! I have to say I love this guitar - from it's light weight to it's unique tone. Just curious if there are any other Vela lovers out there and what your thoughts are!

I don't own one but it's a really cool guitar with an amazing feel and a very unique tone due to the pickups and the body shape. I love the neck on it and I love it played clean. Dirty, is where the guitar loses me a little bit. However, I would love to have one. They are very very reasonably priced.

I love mine. I use it for a variety of music, but mostly for doing Indie and Americana sessions. I enjoy it clean, but prefer it right at the edge of break-up. It kerrangs great. I also like adding a bit of spring reverb to that break-up to make it almost surfy. It's a killer guitar and certainly near the top of my PRS arsenal!!!

Always wanted one...havne't done it yet.
Get one more post so you can post a photo of it!
Here you go!
IMG-4878.jpg

IMG-5159.jpg

dude! I'm digging it! I think S2's are the best bang for the buck on the PRS planet! (see my avatar?)

Also, that SE 245 is gorgeous! Could you please upload a close up?
I want to see those pickup cover brackets and the pickups htemselves!

dude! I'm digging it! I think S2's are the best bang for the buck on the PRS planet! (see my avatar?)

Also, that SE 245 is gorgeous! Could you please upload a close up?
I want to see those pickup cover brackets and the pickups htemselves!

Thanks man! I love the lighter weight and feel in general of the Vela and I got an incredible deal on it. Here's a pick of the 245 - I added a set of Saturday Night Specials wrapped in a set of Guilford tigerwood rings...
QSTJ7375.jpg

It came that way from the factory, I swear!

Lovely sounding guitar and insanely comfortable. Don’t play it that often as I should. In case I did not mention it before it sounds freakin excellent to my ears and I only play hard rock!

Sweet guitars, and an amazingly good buy as well.

I have 14 PRS guitars, and really the Vela is the unsung hero and secret weapon of the PRS line. In my mind, any recording guitarist that uses PRS should have one in their arsenal. It just does stuff the other don't. I am thinking of grabbing a Starla for the same reason.

I have 14 PRS guitars, and really the Vela is the unsung hero and secret weapon of the PRS line. In my mind, any recording guitarist that uses PRS should have one in their arsenal. It just does stuff the other don't. I am thinking of grabbing a Starla for the same reason.

Core Starla is for sure on my list

Back