S2 Vela

Not a Vela -- I learned to settle...

N5zI2VM.jpg

My Vela has been neglected the past few months due to me favoring my Les Paul. My wife was working late so I had the house to myself and decided to break out my Friedman and play through my whole rotation.

I got to the Vela and easily spent the rest of the night playing around with it. It’s definitely my favorite guitar to play clean and the breakup it achieves sounds great. It’s so light and comfortable too, PRS really did a phenomenal job with every aspect of the Vela.

CE2oz23.jpg

Personally, I think if there ever was an S2 model that deserved to be bumped to core status it would be the Vela. Offer it with a sexy 10-top, some gorgeous earthy colors....I mean, I know that defeats the purpose of it, but still!!!

I know Brian's did a couple Private Stock Velas that look gorgeous!

I just want a Semi Hollow Vela with birds...is that too much to ask? :(

Been thinking of a PS Vela, but the new 594 crushed that. As far as an SH Vela w/ birds? Not too much to ask. I wish the birds made it back to the S2 line - I mean they can put pearly looking birds on SEs, why not S2s?

Been thinking of a PS Vela, but the new 594 crushed that. As far as an SH Vela w/ birds? Not too much to ask. I wish the birds made it back to the S2 line - I mean they can put pearly looking birds on SEs, why not S2s?

Agreed, I tried to prod Brian into doing a special run ;)

I have a set of Core Starla's that I'm itching to put in a Semi-Hollow

I finally have mine inbound after a long wait. Satin McCarty burst solid body. Can’t wait! Seems like the perfect guitar to me since I’m primarily a Tele and Gretsch Double Jet guy who has also played a CE-22 for the last 25 years. Could very well be my new number one if I like it as much as I think I’m gonna. I know why this guitar is so under the radar for the average PRS player (it’s basically everything the typical PRS isn’t but with the same build quality), but I’m really surprised that it hasn’t caught on more with non-PRS players.
I'll likely gut the electronics (not the pickups, just the pots, switch, caps, and wiring) and replace them with top-notch guts, but that’s the only thing I’ll do other than a tortoise shell or black Bakelite pickguard without the white binding, and a rosewood truss rod cover. If I don’t love the bridge pickup I’ll replace it with a TV Jones PowerTron but I’m fairly confident the stock pickup will be just fine.
How are you all liking yours now that you’ve had them for a while?

Back