S2 #7 Pickups???

Yes, the #7's only come on S2 models currently. You can find used USA #7's here and there. I don't know what the closest PRS pickups to them are, maybe a McCarty set? Definitely something lower output with a lot of mids.

Closest new PRS model to the #7's is the 59/09. I own both. Both are what I would call "hot" PAF'S. The 59/09 is a little warmer on top and the #7 a little more modern sounding (slightly quicker attack, more midrange).

I have a Korina McCarty that I bought a few years ago with every intention of doing a pickup swap to Bare Knuckle Mules. Then after 10-15 minutes of playing it I scrapped my original plan and love those McCarty pups. They are fantastic and I think you should try them out. Just my two cents

Closest new PRS model to the #7's is the 59/09. I own both. Both are what I would call "hot" PAF'S. The 59/09 is a little warmer on top and the #7 a little more modern sounding (slightly quicker attack, more midrange).

Was that with a set of USA #7's? I'm not getting as much output on my S2 #7's as my 57/08's, I love the tone but could do with a touch more volume. Maybe I'll raise my polepieces a bit, I have the overall height adjusted where I want them already.

Was that with a set of USA #7's? I'm not getting as much output on my S2 #7's as my 57/08's, I love the tone but could do with a touch more volume. Maybe I'll raise my polepieces a bit, I have the overall height adjusted where I want them already.

Hey man! Ya, that was absolutely a set of USA #7's. That is weird....they are definitely hotter than 57/08's and hotter than McCarty pickups. I am very familiar with those as well from a McRosie I had. I hope your height tweaking does the trick! !

Back