Rock On The Range - AXS TV

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
If you have AXS TV, they're covering the Rock On The Range Festival from Columbus, OH this weekend. Too late for most of today's coverage, but it starts each day at 7 and is scheduled to run to midnight Eastern (they have run over on other festival this year). Repeats are scheduled the next day.

The schedule is updated each date at http://www.axs.tv/festival/rock-on-the-range/, although the start times have a tendency to slip. Some great acts this year - today had Slash w/Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators, Marilyn Manson is on now, and Slipknot is next.

Saturday has, among others, Godsmack, In Flames, In This Moment and Tremonti. And Scott Weiland, for trainwreck potential.

Sunday has Halestorm, The Pretty Reckless, Rival Sons, Volbeat, Hollywood Undead and Anthrax, and more.

PRS content - Myles had a Mira during one song, and I saw an SE during the two minutes I saw of Breaking Benjamin.

Thanks, I will see if I have AXS, as part of the many channels I never watch. Being in Columbus, I should probably attend one of these years!

Watched all night, my bass player and I are making an evening of the show tonight, haha. I hate seeing Ben and Jasen play those crappy gutted out LTD guitars because he's having issues with PRS people. Keith was playing two SE's, as well as a P2 model.
Can't wait to see the two songs they broadcast from Tremonti today, the one song they show of the 'special guest' Saint Asonia, and Godsmack to cap the night off. Tony from Godsmack uses PRS now apparently.

Thanks for the heads up Alan, I've always wanted to go to this(however, I'm a little less excited about the huge multi-day festivals these days). Wish I would've seen the thread yesterday! DVR recording everything now.

Watched all night, my bass player and I are making an evening of the show tonight, haha. I hate seeing Ben and Jasen play those crappy gutted out LTD guitars because he's having issues with PRS people. Keith was playing two SE's, as well as a P2 model.
Can't wait to see the two songs they broadcast from Tremonti today, the one song they show of the 'special guest' Saint Asonia, and Godsmack to cap the night off. Tony from Godsmack uses PRS now apparently.
I'm excited for Corey in Saint Asonia, he's a good guy, I hope they do well with the new group. Glad Tony is finally coming around, I tried telling him 13 years ago when we opened for them that PRS is the only way to go(Ok, maybe I wasn't quite that bold)! :rofl:

Today's schedule (subject to change):

Special Guest7:00 ET | 4:00 PT
Of Mice & Men7:15 ET | 4:15 PT
Tremonti7:40 ET | 4:40 PT
Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts8:10 ET | 5:10 PT
In This Moment8:40 ET | 5:40 PT
In Flames9:15 ET | 6:15 PT
Papa Roach9:30 ET | 6:30 PT
Ministry10:15 ET | 7:15 PT
Godsmack10:40 ET | 7:40 PT

I watched everything from yesterday except Yelawolf (couldn't make it through the second song) and Slipknot (on the DVR).

I'm hoping the Tremonti slot is enough for three songs. And I definitely want to check out Ministry.

FYI - they ran over last night, so adjust your DVRs accordingly.

I agree with Vaughn - I'd like to go to something like this, not sure about the three-day thing. But this looks like a great place to do it, being in a stadium. I don't think my knees would take kindly to three days of standing.

Sunday's schedule:

Hollywood Undead7:00 ET | 4:00 PT
The Pretty Reckless7:10 ET | 4:10 PT
Anthrax7:20 ET | 4:20 PT
Rival Sons7:50 ET | 4:50 PT
Motionless In White8:00 ET | 5:00 PT
Halestorm8:20 ET | 5:20 PT
Volbeat8:50 ET | 5:50 PT
Tech N9ne9:20 ET | 6:20 PT
Rise Against9:40 ET | 6:40 PT
Linkin Park10:30 ET | 7:30 PT

St. Asonia was pretty good - will definitely watch that set again. What guitar was the guy playing? 7-string, MM inlay. Sounded killer, but I don't think I've seen one before. I assume PS, but I didn't look at the headstock.

Was eating while Tremonti was on, so I only got to hear it and watch the tail end of "Wish You Well". But I will be checking that out again (it's going to live on my DVR for a while...).

Adam Gontier was playing a CU24 and the lead guitarist is Mike Mushok who was playing a newer CU24 as well as a custom shop 7-string with his initials 'MM' on the fretboard.
Saint Asonia was friggin great. Can't wait to hear the album and hopefully get to see the band live. The songs that they didn't broadcast were Three Days Grace "I hate (Everything About You," and Staind's "Mudshovel."
It's too bad that they only broadcasted 2 of the 5 songs Tremonti played too :(

I just uploaded what AXStv broadcasted of Tremonti's set from the show

And here is what they broadcasted of Saint Asonia's set. The two songs they didn't broadcast were Staind's "Mudshovel" and Three Days Grace "I Hate Everything About You."

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Gontier was playing a CU24 and the lead guitarist is Mike Mushok who was playing a newer CU24 as well as a custom shop 7-string with his initials 'MM' on the fretboard.
Saint Asonia was friggin great. Can't wait to hear the album and hopefully get to see the band live. The songs that they didn't broadcast were Three Days Grace "I hate (Everything About You," and Staind's "Mudshovel."
It's too bad that they only broadcasted 2 of the 5 songs Tremonti played too :(

Thank you - did not realize that was Mushok. My first thought was, "Oh, that must be a Mushok - but they didn't come in 7 strings." Had no idea it was actually him.

Is Tremonti no longer using the Archon?

My guess is this is a fly rig or backline rental for an off date - absolutely not his normal rig. I dont think he knows how to function with only a halfstack haha

I was there was a 1/2 decent audio mix for this. I understand they don't probably want TOO good of a mix to take attendance away, but I'm pretty sure I could get a better mix standing at the board with a Zoom Q3. :D Don't get me wrong, it's cool they're broadcasting it, but man...

I was there was a 1/2 decent audio mix for this. I understand they don't probably want TOO good of a mix to take attendance away, but I'm pretty sure I could get a better mix standing at the board with a Zoom Q3. :D Don't get me wrong, it's cool they're broadcasting it, but man...

Amen brother! My son and I both couldn't help but notice so much of it sounded like mush. I have a tin ear. I don't mind playing through Line 6 modeling :laugh:, but that was tough to listen to.

Just watched both vids, thanks for uploading them Matt.
Also did not realize that was MM playing for Asonia.

Did not DVR this, so looking forward to more vids, or I may DVR the repeat if they put this back up again on TV.

Thanks Alan. I planned to watch it but I got sidetracked with the Drags in Atlanta, the WWE in Baltimore, and some John Wayne movies. I can only hope for a replay.

Lloyd

Slash w/Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators

Lots of individual songs on YouTube.

I will NOT be linking any TechN9ne here. I got a chuckle out of the set, but I'm not getting banned for it!

Image of the weekend was the chick with one leg in a wheelchair. Crowd surfing. Saw her at least three times on two different days. :adore:

Last edited by a moderator:
That wheelchair chick was recognized by SO MANY bands, haha.

Ok, so I'm almost glad to know it wasn't AXStv and it was the actual sound that was just all over the place for the bands at ROTR

Back