Robben Ford's New 594

After all these years, I find his new tone to be amazing. I always expected him to end up with a PRS.

PRS has certainly attracted the tone icons. Robben Ford's body of work since the 70s made him one of my favorite artists, over and beyond the tone thing.

He's a superb human being on all counts.

I thought PRS guitars were soulless with no mojo?? All I hear is pure tonal bliss here :D. But no doubt the real magic is in "the hands", Robben Ford could probably make a cardboard box guitar sound amazing.

That's a great endorsement of the model, since Robben has always tended towards vintage instruments. I remember in his interview with Captain Anderton last year, he was using an LP reissue.

He's a long time favorite of mine, too. Blue Moon would definitely be on my desert island album list.

That's a great endorsement of the model, since Robben has always tended towards vintage instruments. I remember in his interview with Captain Anderton last year, he was using an LP reissue.

In fact, in that interview he says: "for me the Les Paul is THE GUITAR, but they are so damn heavy..."

In fact, in that interview he says: "for me the Les Paul is THE GUITAR, but they are so damn heavy..."

Ha, yeah the SC594 is really a perfect guitar for him. Not too heavy and he can drag it the world over without fear of snapping the headstock or worrying about vintage value. The great coil splits are there if he wants it.

Dang it, he needs to bring that thing on tour with a stop in Atlanta. I want to hear him play it in person!

The SC 594 is great in his hands, and he's got his mojo workin', but I'd be more interested to know what amp he is playing thru and his effects and settings; but that's me...

Really Cool. Did I beat Robben to the punch on something? ;) All kidding aside incredible guitars and glad to hear he's playing one. Probably pretty gratifying to Paul I'm sure.

The SC 594 is great in his hands, and he's got his mojo workin', but I'd be more interested to know what amp he is playing thru and his effects and settings; but that's me...

I don't know about sessions or instructional videos, but live and his albums have been all about his fabled Dumble Overdrive Special since the 80's. He generally likes a short delay and not much else.

Reactions: CVS
Just received an email from True Fire regarding Robben's soon to be released new instruction course. In the intro video, he is playing his SC594. My guess is that he will use it on a number of the actual lessons as well. Quite a change from a Tele.....

The great thing about Robben Ford is that he is a super-talented player capable of mind-blowing music, and at the same time, he’s a very nice guy — low key, down to earth, friendly.

I really admire what he’s all about.

I have seen Robben live about 10X - He usually plays at The Coach House in San Juan Capistrano. I owe a lot of what I have learned about integrating jazz into the blues from him. He is just one awesome guitarist, songwriter, arranger etc. Now if I could only play like him :D. I can't to hear how he sounds playing the 594. Jeff McErlain's CD should be coming in October. Glad to hear Robben is playing in it. I think he is also producing it for Jeff but not 100% sure on this.

Caught Robben Ford & The Blue Line at Bell's Brewery in Kalamazoo some years ago. They were white hot too, just crushed it from the first set onward. Sublime experience & venue.

I love his Tele tone, but he also sounds great on that Riviera with the mini hums, and Les Pauls, and the 335 back in the day, and now the 594. Yep, Robben is fantastic on anything.

Back