Roasted maple neck finished or not?

JeezusChristPope

Hey I got a PRS SE Custom 24 a while back, its one of the models with the roasted maple neck. I can not tell whether or not the fret board is finished or not. Its getting rather dirty, that's why I ask but I wanna make sure I take care of it properly ya know?

Hey I got a PRS SE Custom 24 a while back, its one of the models with the roasted maple neck. I can not tell whether or not the fret board is finished or not. Its getting rather dirty, that's why I ask but I wanna make sure I take care of it properly ya know?
Pics would help?
But also, PRS has their own line of cleaning/ polishing products… you can’t go wrong with them if you’re at a loss for which products to use…..

They're finished with what PRS calls an "infused" finish. Maple absorbs sweat. Some kind of finish is needed. But on the fretboard it can wear off quickly, as it does on Fenders.

Nonetheless, I had a CU22 Soapbar with a maple fretboard for years, and it showed no wear. However, I play with a light touch. A lot depends on the. player.

I have both core and the SE roasted maple. The later cores have a very light infused finish that really shows dirt. My SE has a thicker neck finish than any of the other maple neck PRS I have. And yes, the fretboard is finished.

Back