relicing Gibson style

I never thought anything worse could follow Agnesi’s video, but this has. It is under JC’s watch, and there is a 2nd video, Gibson has had the original poster pull them but I’m sure it’s too late now. Absolute nightmare. Also noticed that Gibson’s feeds were full of negative comments that seem to vanish. Someone is very busy deleting.
Come on now, they weren't caught beating seals with a baseball bat. They are only guitars. Guitars that nobody wanted now they had to die! You probably have something against The Who for smashing their guitars back in the day. :eek:

Welcome to your opinion, but yea - I think it’s a ******** move. The fact that you say “they were only guitars” shows that we are not on the same wavelength

Welcome to your opinion, but yea - I think it’s a ******** move. The fact that you say “they were only guitars” shows that we are not on the same wavelength
Not on the same wavelength? Perhaps. I care more about everlasting life and the soul more than physical objects, but they have their place.

Not on the same wavelength? Perhaps. I care more about everlasting life and the soul more than physical objects, but they have their place.
Oh jeez. Hyperbolic.
I wouldn’t even start to equate some POS Gibson firefly to the least of life. Not what this was about, please, carry on...

My participation in this was only anecdotal, and about this instance only. Truth is, before PRS came along, Gibson was always THE brand to me. When I went shopping for my first great acoustic, I was looking at Gibsons. After playing tons of them between $2K-$$K (15 years ago) I didn't love any of them. Didn't like the way they played. The guy told me to check out a Taylor. Game over. Same with electrics 20 years ago. Went in to look at a Les Paul and after 3 stores and 10 of them all over $2500, I didn't love any of them. I played one PRS and have loved almost every single one I've picked up since. And, in the last 20 years, I can honestly say I've only played one great Les Paul. A guy that we used to see at the campgrounds had one that was GREAT, but it was $4500 15 years ago. Don't remember the model, but his is the only one I've played in the last 20 years that I'd really want to own, and it was $1500 more than my PRS at the time.

I don't hate or even dislike Gibson. They were THE brand to me for most of my life. I think they got off course years ago and hopefully are on the way back to what they should be now. Time will tell. When you can buy a great playing, great sounding Gibson electric for $1500 or so, they'll be on their way back, IMHO.

Come on now, they weren't caught beating seals with a baseball bat. They are only guitars. Guitars that nobody wanted now they had to die! You probably have something against The Who for smashing their guitars back in the day. :eek:

I've never forgiven Jimi for setting his guitar on fire right in front of me in Muncie, Indiana. Who the hell did he think he was? Jimi Hendrix?!! :eek::eek:;):p:D

I also saw The Who destroy everything on stage the same summer at the same venue, Muncie fairgrounds.

Last edited:
I've never forgiven Jimi for setting his guitar on fire right in front of me in Muncie, Indiana. Who the hell did he think he was? Jimi Hendrix?!! :eek::eek:;):p:D

I also saw The Who destroy everything on stage the same summer at the same venue, Muncie fairgrounds.
I was disappointed that the Who still didn't destroy all their instruments in the late 70's anymore. Once it's been done it gets a little old after a while. Nirvana continued the tradition sometimes and the Plasmatics had Wendy O. Williams cutting a guitar in half with a chainsaw.

I'll never figure out what was business and insurance, and what was photo op. An incinerator would have been much more practical and thorough. But marketing is a strange bedfellow at times. That didn't appear to me to be a few random "dangerous guitars", it appeared the entire unsold stock of those models.

That’s their new souped up QC procedure.

The knobs all crack in due time anyway.

Same philosophy in Memphis factory...
Regarding firebird X electronics it may explain why they didn't want to give them, but ES guitars???

Back