relicing Gibson style

I'm not getting how you don't see the humor in this amazing video???? Haven't you ever worked on a project that you knew sucked but couldn't do anything about it? This Firebird X was a total dud that didn't sell any guitars at all. It was about $4000 and had electronics that were compatible with Windows 98 and couldn't be upgraded. It's a totally stupid idea meant to appeal to the tech crowd. If you want to donate guitars to the homeless there is plenty of $99 guitars out there for that. I wish they would have rolled a monster truck over them next hahahaha! Gibson hit it out the park with this one. Screw the past and Henry what's his name.
Replace the electronics with standard pickups, replace the tuners with real ones, give them to young guitar players/students. YouTube the giving away of the guitars in person to a real kid who will love it. You're a hero and the guitar becomes a cult hit.

Or, get a bulldozer and run over it and... well, look at the fallout online over this.

Replace the electronics with standard pickups, replace the tuners with real ones, give them to young guitar players/students. YouTube the giving away of the guitars in person to a real kid who will love it. You're a hero and the guitar becomes a cult hit.

Or, get a bulldozer and run over it and... well, look at the fallout online over this.

In theory, this is a great idea! And I totally understand your point. In practicality, you've already invested who knows how much into the development and production of this guitar. Who are you going to pay and how much are you going to pay them to make the changes to these guitars? You've also got to spring for whatever electronics/parts you're going to put in there. It's already a huge loss/lost cause. Gibson destroying these guitars is analogous to a bakery throwing out the stale bread that it didn't sell yesterday.(albeit on a much grander scale)

In theory, this is a great idea! And I totally understand your point. In practicality, you've already invested who knows how much into the development and production of this guitar. Who are you going to pay and how much are you going to pay them to make the changes to these guitars? You've also got to spring for whatever electronics/parts you're going to put in there. It's already a huge loss/lost cause. Gibson destroying these guitars is analogous to a bakery throwing out the stale bread that it didn't sell yesterday.(albeit on a much grander scale)
Totally agree and understand. Just thought it was a chance to turn a fiasco into something good. I'm not going to bash them. But look around and they are taking some major heat for this online. I know the online court of opinion is not always correct, having been on the other side of it a few times, but I know that as unfortunate as it is, it IS a powerful thing these days.

TGP is the largest musicians forum on the net, and if you look there, they have not only lost some fans, but have some people really ticked off. I am not one of them however, just thought it could have been handled in a better manner.

I think these guitars could have been given to schools or groups for zero dollars and no implied warranty etc, and they could have been modified by those kids/groups for zero dollars.
Donations to those kids/groups could take care of the parts purchases.
Anything but turning them into kindling and trash.
Besides, you had to pay all those people to set those guitars up for destruction, clean up, and disposal anyway.

Authentic bulldozer.

65508301_10218920577028356_537544075109203968_n.jpg

I get that.
Still... stripped of the garbage, these things could have served a purpose.

The knives could have as well.

Frankly, I’m just tired of other brand bashing. No company of which I’m aware makes a top notch product at all price points like PRS, but Gibson makes some fine instruments in its Custom Shop. Burn me at the stake.;)

Last edited:
The knives could have as well.

Frankly, I’m just tired of other brand bashing. No company of which I’m aware makes a top notch product at all price points like PRS, but Gibson makes some fine instruments in its Custom Shop. Burn me at the stake.;)
No burning!
Besides... you're kind of hard to light.:p

Back