relicing Gibson style

Several companies, PRS included, take their "defects" to the bandsaw. I toured the Memphis Gibson factory a few years ago, and I asked about selling them at discount or "B"-stock. There response was that they didn't want to release an inferior instrument with their name on it (yeah, yeah...I know!). I believe the original video of this is a few years old...(the Firebird X was made 2009-2011). Maybe a backhoe was cheaper than paying someone to stand at the bandsaw and rip them one by one?:confused:

Not intending to defend nor accuse Gibson in any way...just my 2 cents.

beavis_and_butthead.jpg

They’re still guitars, makes my gut turn. I mean several people took effort to make them.
Yup, and I can't believe they couldn't have been stripped of the unusable electronics, and given to charity. Imagine that story instead of them getting ripped for doing this?
This is the second complete dumba$$ thing they've done in just one month!

I'm not getting how you don't see the humor in this amazing video???? Haven't you ever worked on a project that you knew sucked but couldn't do anything about it? This Firebird X was a total dud that didn't sell any guitars at all. It was about $4000 and had electronics that were compatible with Windows 98 and couldn't be upgraded. It's a totally stupid idea meant to appeal to the tech crowd. If you want to donate guitars to the homeless there is plenty of $99 guitars out there for that. I wish they would have rolled a monster truck over them next hahahaha! Gibson hit it out the park with this one. Screw the past and Henry what's his name.

Several companies, PRS included, take their "defects" to the bandsaw. I toured the Memphis Gibson factory a few years ago, and I asked about selling them at discount or "B"-stock. There response was that they didn't want to release an inferior instrument with their name on it (yeah, yeah...I know!). I believe the original video of this is a few years old...(the Firebird X was made 2009-2011). Maybe a backhoe was cheaper than paying someone to stand at the bandsaw and rip them one by one?:confused:

I know a top knife maker who destroys his knives I’d love to have. When I asked why, his response was “I don’t want a product below my standards in circulation.”

Back