Recommend me an overdrive pedal

Hadn't seen the Brown Rabbit before. Watched some demos, sounds versatile. A little more of a distortion pedal than overdrive. I like it more than a RAT though.

My vote is for the CMATMODS Signa Drive, the original not the Super. I tend to find most of the Tube Screamer clones, improvements, mods, etc. tend to add too much bass to my rig as I don't really play much with single coils anymore. I also dig his Butah pedal if you want something milder. Both are still on my board after trying just about everything.

If you read back thru the thread you see the Fulltone OCD pops up alot... there's a reason for that
:biggrin:
Start there. :top: It covers a ton of ground in one pedal...If you don't like it you can sell it in a few minutes on the gear page. ;)

From there you can go a million ways - I've got something like 9 ODs and distortion pedals... All with their own thing.
My travel rig has an OCD V4, a Keeley Mod Blues driver (softer "Blues" type thing - Think Kenny Wayne Shepard) and a Keeley Mod Tube Screamer (my MORE button - gives you MORE of whatever you have going)...

Rig's a mess right here with the wires not stowed - Just redid it to include the wireless and Fishman for my P22 - but you get the idea...

DE76D7F4-B2E8-40A1-BDD4-08AD1DEEFA32-279-00000010AAD32BA5.jpg

Last edited:
lots of great info here and I'll be checking back when I make my next purchase, but I had to go with a RAT for now. Really needed more distortion than overdrive at the moment...and looking around, most people I listen to have a Rat or a Big Muff. When I saw Bill Frisell uses a Rat, I was in.

I strongly recommend the PRS "H" for overdrive. It comes with a pedal to trigger the power. :)

Back