Random. No more or less

This was my car in high school

file.php

but I moved up to this one in college

carrofibraguana.jpg

This was my car in high school

file.php

but I moved up to this one in college
Very cool. We had an MG Midget when I met my husband with rusty holey floorboards on the passages side. In the winter when we would go up hill the snow and slush would come through the holes. Dangerous to say the least. We didn’t care though because we were youngsters in love.

This is my favorite ever, the Jaguar XKSS:

Jaguar_1956_XKSS_%285678420041%29.jpg

It is a road-going version of the Jaguar D-Type racing car, initially built in 1957. Only 16 were built and sold at the time and nine were destroyed in a factory fire in 1957 leaving only 7 that ever made it to the public. This is a picture of the one that belonged to Steve McQueen. In 2016 Jaguar announced that a small production run of nine "continuation" XKSS reproductions would be hand-built to the original specifications to complete the originally scheduled run of 25. The reason I love it is not because of it's rarity though, I just think it is the most beautiful car ever!

Now my second favorite is the Bugatti Royal. Fell in love with it when I was a child (before I knew about the XKSS) and at the time, it was in the Guinness Book of World Records as the longest car ever built (dating myself here). I would of course be riding in the back seat on this one!

1280px-Revival04_005a.jpg

Ettore Bugatti planned to build twenty-five of these cars and sell them to royalty as the most luxurious car ever, but even European royalty were not buying such things during the Great Depression, and Bugatti was able to sell only three of the seven made (six still exist, one destroyed in wreck).

Coolest car I ever owned was a 1960 Cadillac DeVille (officially a Type 62 if I recall correctly, that had not yet started the DeVille series but that is what the Type 62 evolved into)! I will supplement this post once I have recovered my RAID disk array that I lost at the end of November!

Duesenbergs have always been near and deer to my heart as well as most high end cars prior to WWII!

For muscle cars, the Super Bird and the 1967 Mustang Fastback GT500 are my favorites!

Get well soon Lola!!!

This is my favorite ever, the Jaguar XKSS:

Jaguar_1956_XKSS_%285678420041%29.jpg

It is a road-going version of the Jaguar D-Type racing car, initially built in 1957. Only 16 were built and sold at the time and nine were destroyed in a factory fire in 1957 leaving only 7 that ever made it to the public. This is a picture of the one that belonged to Steve McQueen. In 2016 Jaguar announced that a small production run of nine "continuation" XKSS reproductions would be hand-built to the original specifications to complete the originally scheduled run of 25. The reason I love it is not because of it's rarity though, I just think it is the most beautiful car ever!

Now my second favorite is the Bugatti Royal. Fell in love with it when I was a child (before I knew about the XKSS) and at the time, it was in the Guinness Book of World Records as the longest car ever built (dating myself here). I would of course be riding in the back seat on this one!

1280px-Revival04_005a.jpg

Ettore Bugatti planned to build twenty-five of these cars and sell them to royalty as the most luxurious car ever, but even European royalty were not buying such things during the Great Depression, and Bugatti was able to sell only three of the seven made (six still exist, one destroyed in wreck).

Coolest car I ever owned was a 1960 Cadillac DeVille (officially a Type 62 if I recall correctly, that had not yet started the DeVille series but that is what the Type 62 evolved into)! I will supplement this post once I have recovered my RAID disk array that I lost at the end of November!

Duesenbergs have always been near and deer to my heart as well as most high end cars prior to WWII!

For muscle cars, the Super Bird and the 1967 Mustang Fastback GT500 are my favorites!

Get well soon Lola!!!
Thank you everyone for indulging moi!

The fastback Mustang was gorgeous. My friend had one. We had a blast in it.

We also had a 1968 E type Jaguar. British racing green was the colour. That was fun.

So many beautiful vehicles that we had. And then, we bought a house, kids came along. You know the rest of the story.

I never get sick of talking cars.

I forgot my hubbies pride n joy, our 1974 Pantera Detomaso. It got my husband an myself into too much trouble with the law. I remember going down the highway at 180 mph with me just losing it. Told him he was going to lose his license but he never did. It had a 451 Cleveland in it. It was scary fast!!

Very cool. We had an MG Midget when I met my husband with rusty holey floorboards on the passages side. In the winter when we would go up hill the snow and slush would come through the holes. Dangerous to say the least. We didn’t care though because we were youngsters in love.
Lola, sorry. That was a joke. Those are the car and the van from the Cheech and Chong movie Up In Smoke. When I turned 16, I had a 69 Firebird convertible , a 69 GTO Ram Air IV convertible, and a 74 MGB

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that you?

Yes, circa. ‘92 (just so there can be no accusations of “cat-fishing” seeing as this place is full of lawyers)

Bwahahaha.

Hope you’re feeling a bit better today and not getting too bored. Hang in there Lola, we’ll all help get you through the “no practice blues”.

I also had one of these. It was crazy fast and Mrs AR loved to ride pillion. She would tap me on the shoulder if I should go faster (haha).

Last edited:
Yes, circa. ‘92 (just so there can be no accusations of “cat-fishing” seeing as this place is full of lawyers)

Bwahahaha.

Hope you’re feeling a bit better today and not getting too bored. Hang in there Lola, we’ll all help get you through the “no practice blues”.

I also had one of these. It was crazy fast and Mrs AR loved to ride pillion. She would tap me on the shoulder if I should go faster (haha).
They always whispered "go faster" in my ear when riding the Motorcycle. Every time!

Lola, sorry. That was a joke. Those are the car and the van from the Cheech and Chong movie Up In Smoke. When I turned 16, I had a 69 Firebird convertible , a 69 GTO Ram Air IV convertible, and a 74 MGB
I thought something looked weird. Lol

Pictures of your Firebird? That is one of the nicest years for a Firebird. 396, 427 or a 454?

When I was a grease monkey gofer(dating my husband) you would not believe the beasts they put together. Every weekend it never failed. They worked on their vehicles. It Harvey’s cheeseburgers and fries breakfast lunch and dinner. I really learned a lot about tools, proper usage of them, proper car part names etc. I always asked questions. These guys liked me alot and not because of the obvious but because I was seriously interested in learning whatever they were doing and why. Then my passion morphed into big rigs and rotator trucks. I love Harley’s too. Fat boys are my favs.

I am the one hanging out the window waving to the trucker that’s driving gorgeous rig. I always have a swivel head on the highway. You would think I was 5 years old waking up Christmas morning. My husband is never impressed. Idc though. I am having so much fun just enjoying looking.

My favorite car is the one someone else drives me around in. I’ve seriously never gotten any enjoyment from driving outside of the fact that the driver usually gets to pick the music.

However, if I had to pick one from the 40’s it’d be the Tucker 48/Torpedo.

My grandfather helped design some machinery for their production and got paid in stock. When he passed, my dad finally found his stock “portfolio” and we used the proceeds to not get an in-ground pool.

Back